Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/3MB Package Configuration - What does the technician do??

Question 2/3MB Package Configuration - What does the technician do??

This is a question for the C&WJ ADSL clients who are using the new 2/3MB package.

Well, once your lucky enough to get through to CWJ call centre and actually apply for the 2/3MB upgrade, the CS agent tells you that a technician has to come to your house and it going to take 1.5-2 weeks for them to reach

Anyway, what does the technician do??
    Has anybody watched/asked/tortured the technician to get the configuration from them??

I suspect that they probably do some changes related to moving from PPoA to PPoE but i have heard nothing to confirm this.

It would be best to have the configuration here so at least tech savvy persons don't have to wait on technician to forward to their household but just to do the config and wait on CWJ to configure their port.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

i didnt kno a tech had to be there to do the config, strange but anyways im more concerned about this special intro price wat will the real price be after the honeymoon has ended and will those who made the switch downgrade or wat???. oh and wat r the upload speeds im curious to know if cwj only making it 256
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Your monthly payments won't change after honeymoon period. Just that anybody who want to join up after the honeymoon going to pay an increased price for the same package.
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    This is a question for the C&WJ ADSL clients who are using the new 2/3MB package.

Well, once your lucky enough to get through to CWJ call centre and actually apply for the 2/3MB upgrade, the CS agent tells you that a technician has to come to your house and it going to take 1.5-2 weeks for them to reach

Has anybody watched/asked/tortured the technician to get the configuration from them??

I suspect that they probably do some changes related to moving from PPoA to PPoE but i have heard nothing to confirm this.

It would be best to have the configuration here so at least tech savvy persons don't have to wait on technician to forward to their household but just to do the config and wait on CWJ to configure their port.

That's it...PPOA to PPOE...and of course the vci\vpi, depending on the exchange assigned. Whole thing took about ten seconds. Can't understand why they're wasting scarce resources sending out techs to do this extremely simple reconfig.
    Last edited by Tech_Guy; Mar 22, 2011 at 06:04 AM.

Ok, so next question.
    Who can post the vci/vpi for the exchanges that they know??
    the lesson afterwards

lol if only my dsl modem was so simple to configure

Its the first time I am hearing that when a dsl upgrade is done the technician have to visit.

I know couple people who have upgraded to 1-2mb and all C&W had to do was to configure from there end and your Dsl modem picks it up.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by ProdMaster View Post
    Its the first time I am hearing that when a dsl upgrade is done the technician have to visit.

I know couple people who have upgraded to 1-2mb and all C&W had to do was to configure from there end and your Dsl modem picks it up.
    to 1MB and 1.5Mb you don't have to do anything. But to get on the newer ADSL ports, changes have to be made to your local modem and not just the port.

CJW is moving their entire network to support MPLS. They are already implementing MetroEthernet to majority of their corporate customers SO now they moving the ADSL customers to a similar setup.

The Carlton exchange was the 1st place upgraded and persons who moved to 3MB (and 2MB also), had to wait for a technician to come to their house to make changes to their modem. As see in posts above, persons have had this experience already.
    the lesson afterwards

Your monthly payments won't change after honeymoon period. Just that anybody who want to join up after the honeymoon going to pay an increased price for the same package.
    thats not wat i was told...i personally asked somebody at the office while i was working there...

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post
    thats not wat i was told...i personally asked somebody at the office while i was working there...
    Well, the saga continues from the other thread.
    Ask Virus - him work CWJ.
    the lesson afterwards