Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Wireless Internet Provider vs Cost ?

Question Best Wireless Internet Provider vs Cost ?

I am thinking that I would get another ADSL account from CWJ but I want some other type of connection.... so I decided on wireless even though most sub providers get their bandwidth from CW or Merit...

So yall tell me who is the best versus price ratio cuz mi want to press along...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

Well thats a very retarded question, the answer is obviously Digicel cuz theirs is FREE and you cant beat free! I dont knmow about broadband but that little nothing of a connection is 100% free!
    WITH GOD's SPEED!!!
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

Angry

Where are all the peeps that chat so much about J2, N5 and all the others... this is where people need to find answers....

Ya know what I realise... too much affiliation...

I would tell you about my connection but its not available in Kingston yet.

nobody helps on TJ anymore...sad
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

J2,N5, digicel get bandwith from flow. J2 is pretty good from what i hear
    Phoqry

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband View Post
    nobody helps on TJ anymore...sad
    Is like everybody politically alligned... who support flow only talk bout flow and nothing else... who support c&w same thing...

Mi not asking anybody to promote just to tell me what is the experience thats all... is that too much to ask...

J2 is definately the best Wireless ISP in Kingston/Portmore right now. The installation cost has defiantely gone down, the prices and packages are not too bad. I don't think N5 is operational anymore.

Digicel is offering its Wimax, I belive it is still in beta testing mode which is why they have not really advertised as much. Not sure what will be the cost for install nor packages.

I started a thread about CWJ's wireless internet offerings. It mirrors the DSL packages. US$39.95 installation charge, first month free and then you pay the same rates as the dsl. The only complaint I had was that my ping times were all over the place but in the last few days now they seem to have fixed that problem. Another thing which is a big plus to me is that I get an external ip address, not like the other wireless ISP's (at least to my knowledge) which have you behind a NAT. Also I may not get my full advertised speed during peak hours but I get more than my advertised speed during off-peak hours.

All in all I must say that I'm satisfied. I used to use Skyweb before and its like night and day.

The problem for Kingstonians is that its only offered in Montego Bay right now (HAHA! We finally get something over you!) so I don't know where you're located and if this would help at all.

Right now max getting another ADSL is the best option, jamaica don't have a good wireless service as yet so dont waste your timeor money. But out of everyone i see in this tread i am surprised that you ask such a question, to be honest i hate C&W almost as much as i hate Digicel but i must admit there dsl is pretty good. I use to do telemarketing for bellsouth and there 256kbs connection goes for 29.99 with complete choice package and note people with CC is already paying over $40 for there phone services so for the price C&W is charging is pretty dam good. SO a word from me if you want another connection get another ADSL untill flow comes along(if they are really cheaper). Because most ISP gets there main connection from C&W.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com