Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: browsing the net using samsung s300

Default browsing the net using samsung s300

i got a samsung s300 and i got the data suite software wit it. but when ever i connect to the web with it, it shows that a connection is established but i can't access any pages with i.e or netscape or any browser whatso ever

igodit Guest

Default Re:browsing the net using samsung s300

[quote author=death_knight link=board=26;threadid=3268;start=0#msg30130 date=1078942395]
    i got a samsung s300 and i got the data suite software wit it. but when ever i connect to the web with it, it shows that a connection is established but i can't access any pages with i.e or netscape or any browser whatso ever

[/quote]

How are you connected to the Internet, is it 802.11, Bluetooth or Infrared?

If you are using Bluetooth or IR with your phone whose service are you using Digicel or Cable & Wireless?

If you are using Digicel did you create an account with the APN web.digiceljamaica.com?

its on cable and wireless's network and i called customer care about the apn; as usual they are no help. the connection between my pc and th phone is via a serioal cable that came with the phone.

igodit Guest

Ok, I should have the APN somwhere around here... mmm... Let me dig up in my philez and get back to you.

listen igodit. i think i'm gonna buy a motorola c332, its gprs compatible and i think the caple is avialable at watts new. but do i need to get any software for it. i don't wanna go and spend the money and buy the phone and then it doesn't work with my laptop.

C&W :

APN:wap
    IP:10.20.5.34

username:leave blank
    password:leave blank

Not sure if this still works but you can give it a try.

okay i got my c332 to work but i got to get my c332 to work. but the problem is now the samsung s300. i got a serial cable with it and a datasuite cd, its called "easygprs" now i get it connected but it won't load in internet explorer. whenever i try connecting to msn messenger i am prompted with a message that states i may be behind a firewall,"i am not i disabled the firewall". it seem that cable and worthless has configured a proxy server with gprs or something to that effect. please if anybody can shed any light on this help me out.

Did u mirror the data from the c332 onto the samsung s300?? By this i mean use the exact same data and configurations.

Some phones require stuff to be all lowercase so check to c if this is the case, play around a bit. U should figure it out.

okay mitchie to be honest i glad that the s300 not working yet cause it give me something to do, "that sounds pathetic but its true, i'm bored as hell".
    now the problem is not the configurations i got a easy gprs software as i said before and it does the work for me. but when i get connected it never loads a page or allows me to use the connection basicaly. has any body in this entire forum ever done this, browse via gprs with pc using a cable and worthless phone. i wondering if they have some sorta proxy configured or something also there is no password and user name for c and w gprs access? i have got non from customer care just apn

I am thinking of getting this phone. Is it any good. Do u have any faults with it??