Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notification question/suggestion

Default Re:Notification question/suggestion

Well in regards to Yahoo, I have tried it and I am now receiving notifications via my cell phone

I setup a filter for emails from techja to go to a folder named Tech Ja. And then setup my cell phone to receive notifications whenever an email from Tech Ja arrives. ;D ;D

Very good, I hope atleast that Yahoo will keep this option free so that other users can make use of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    Very good, I hope atleast that Yahoo will keep this option free so that other users can make use of this feature.
    we can only hope.....

Talking Late response

I have been having trouble to get this done in yahoo so if i can be advised as what to do i would be grateful. Again if there is a thread just advise me as where to find it rather than make a big issue out of nothing. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ****-ry Bwoi
    I have been having trouble to get this done in yahoo so if i can be advised as what to do i would be grateful.
    What kind of trouble?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Default Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    What kind of trouble?
    For someone who is always telling people to read the thread or follow the conversation. I found that queston quite pleasing. I should say however thanks alot for helping out. The question is how to send such alets in yahoo. However i notced its now totally impossible or so it seems.
    I have noticed other things too.

Quote Originally Posted by ****-ry Bwoi
    For someone who is always telling people to read the thread or follow the conversation. I found that queston quite pleasing.
    You were asking for advise on what to do because you can't get this done. My advise would have been to follow the instructions in the thread. But I assumed you read the thread and followed the instructions but still ran into problems.

Hence, why I asked you what trouble you are having. Because I followed the instructions and ran into no problems creating an alert.

I am just asking you to be more specific so I could you help you better. I do make it a habit of practicing what I preach.
    The question is how to send such alets in yahoo.
    How it works is, you setup a Mail Alert at yahoo mail. It is basically a filter that you setup with certain requirements.

For example, the filter would be something like this: If email came from "techjamaica.com" then "move to this folder" and "send an alert to my mobile".

You can setup a filter by going to your Options in Yahoo Mail then click on Filters. Instructions are there to help you.

Once that is done, you will get an alert when the forum notifies you of a new post the threads you want to be notified on.

If you need more help, let me know.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Well for once you sound somewhat pleasant in your approach and i dont feel like a hawk is watching me. Thanks alot for that response and i will do my best and also tell you how it works. Bless up zeen