Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Own3d by Ston3r

Default Re:Own3d by Ston3r

[quote author=willy link=board=27;threadid=3240;start=0#msg29879 date=1078759763]
    well i got the pc to boot to windows i'm guessin the hacker used a worm ntdma.exe or ntdm.exe. WORM_AGOBOT.CN
    again i'm just guessing
    [/quote]
    Don't insult ....
    this guy was no HACKER
    he was a CRACKER or even lower in the food chain... a SCRIPT KIDDE

Don't Insult

--gillion

ok found over 24 infected files, so far I found out the backdoors and trojan used : womaniz.b, iroffer.a trojans: explotdcom.a, munga.a
    irc randon.d, innenet.a

well the machine was hacked so i called the person a hacker sorry .... wasn't tryin to insult anybody

How is that an insult though???

i guess gillion is a hacker, again just guessing

hacker:

1. A person who breaks into, or attempts to break into, or use, a computer network or system without authorization, often at random, for personal amusement or gratification, and not necessarily with malicious intent.

2. [An] unauthorized user who attempts to or gains access to an information system (IS).

3. A technically sophisticated computer expert who intentionally gains unauthorized access to targeted protected resources.

4. Loosely, a computer enthusiast.

5. A person who uses a computer resource in a manner for which it is not intended or which is in conflict with the terms of an acceptable-use policy, but (unlike the work of a cracker) is not necessarily malicious in intent.

script kiddie:
    A wannabe 'l33t h4x0r' who downloads pre-made exploits and uses them flagrantly, but does not have a clue how they work.

script kiddie:
    Someone who wants to be a hacker (or thinks they are) but lacks any serious technical expertise.

script kiddie:
    A computer user usually in their teens that uses pre-made programs for cracking, phreaking and most other forms of electronic havoc. They have little to no hacking skills and usually use their progz for bad purposes.

igodit Guest

I do suggest that you format your pc and re-install your OS, a better recovery plan is to partition your HDD in two one for your OS and applications. Another for your documents and such files...

As preventative you need to install a firewall software, antivirus and keep your system updated with the latest system patches or fixes.

what to do when the computer wont allow you to format or boot from disk thats what happenin when i try to format it

igodit Guest

Make sure that the CD that you are using is bootable.
    Then check your Systems BIOS for the boot order of your system, CD-ROM should be first in the list.