Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actual Email To CWJ Support/Customer Care

I am soooo frustrated and vexed with C&W right now and the POOR customer service that I completely ruined the dinner I was making. I was on hold from 7:10p.m. to 8:11 p.m. when i had to hang up to rescue the pot and save my ears weary from the frequent reminders to "continue to hold" and tedious music.

I just cant believe customer service could be this bad in a company that is pushing teleservices as a key plank of its business model. What is especially annoying is that they provide you with virtually no other way to get technical support -- u have to call the call centre. NOBODY responds to email sent to their OFFICIAL customer service email box and you get zero technical assistance at their business office. DISGRACEFUL!

The problem I was calling them about is this -- I signed up and paying for a 512MB adsl line however for more than a week there was a significant slow down in throughput and when i logged onto the router (speedtouch) I noticed the bandwidth was now halved to 256. Resetting the modem did not change anything and I have been trying to get technical support EVER SINCE. I verified that the throughput was indeed at 256 using their own speedtest

Where I am right now in MoBay I dont have an immediate matching alternative but the guys from flow were running their cable right outside my home last week so the option will come soon. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachJamJm View Post
    Where I am right now in MoBay I dont have an immediate matching alternative but the guys from flow were running their cable right outside my home last week so the option will come soon. Nuff said.
    WHERE U LIVE ...???????????????????????????..........
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

Chrysalis i feel you pain you still having the problem ? C&W pipe not saying a thing but rumors have it there bringing a 1 teri pipe into jamaica.

Chrysalis this is my suggestion take direct fiber from flow and tell c&w to F@#$ off an das the dsl modem outta door.
    Phoqry

yup.. cwj has fully outsourced their call center.

From what I have understand the disgruntled ex cwj call center works who were
    supposed to move over to the outsourcing company, accent, didn't show up for
    work over at accent and left accent's call center w/ 100+ understaffed.

damn hell crap crap blah!!......me hate cw dsl, me on a 256k connection and it feel like 128, more time me gotta plug out the modem and plug it back in for it to work again, other day the connection dead for bout 15 hours

down speed:77
    up:105
    Last edited by AnthrAx; Sep 22, 2006 at 09:28 AM. Reason: did speed test
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr View Post
    yup.. cwj has fully outsourced their call center.
    Not entirely true. (Just for the record ).
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Jah know this is the best example of C&W's "high standards"....been there done that, just waiting for Flow to show up!

Regards,

i have been having problems with my 256/128 connection. the latest? dead slow speeds. i am talkin web pages failing to load... including google, techjamaica, even speedtest. try to call customer service? yeah right. dial tone, busy signal or dead air. i not even sure this gonna post.. might hit post and get back message, server took too long to respond. sigh. i swear. is pay i really paying for this? anyways......
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

"Flowt on....FLOWT on........"

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

You guys are lucky. I live in coopers hill and i have a 512k connection from CWJ. However, THE ENTIRE area has problems in the nights. I have many relatives and friends in the area and i have tested at all their locations and had all the same results. At nights the latency/ping TO CWJ's dns server is way over 1000, averaging at about 1500 and reaching into the 2000's at times.

This is VERY annoying because i cant do ANYTHING, can barely browse, online gaming is out, cant use my VOIP phone (MADDDDD Delay), may as well sign back up for dial up. Usually i cant download over 5k.

I phone CWJ every 3 days or so and if i do get through, cus dem a little and then do some reasoning. I keep on telling them the problem, my area isnt getting enough bandwidth, either that or one of the other exchanges on the long daisy chain to reach coopers hill. I have been having this problem for about 3 months now.

I GIVE UP !!
    HELP!!!