Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Email To CWJ Support/Customer Care

Default Actual Email To CWJ Support/Customer Care

PREFACE:
    As God is my witness, this is an actual submission to the CWJ "contact us" form this morning via their website. I submitted it personally, and since I know they don't read their emails or at least respond to them, I thought I'd share here. If I get a reply (or get struck by lightning), I'll be sure to post that too, because, who knows, maybe I'm being a bit "harsh" on them. My intention by the way was to just write them a few paragraphs, but ... just read, you'll see exactly what transpired.

Just a few key observations:

1. Calling 1-888-225-5295 option 3, option 3, results in the calls being abruptly terminated. There is a brief dial tone, then a busy signal. See next point...

2. Calling 115 and selecting the option for 'all other data related issues' is a waste of time, because they don't have a clue about my current problem at hand - limited adsl connectivity. I might add, that the fellow i spoke to was quick to then point out, in the typical cable and wireless monopoly created cockiness, that the adsl/internet support desk is closed until 9am. As if, of course, with everything cable and wireless - I should have known this, and if I didn't know this... tough!

I asked further, out of my own curiosity, what time the support desk closed - i was told 9pm and it reopened 9am. He had no idea of any adsl related issues.

If I may make a few suggestions:

A. Get your act together and stop being such a tyrant. Right now, my business is unable to connect to our own websites because of your current problems, and a critical deadline is being compromised.

B. If you have a LIMITED adsl support team, then you should indicate this on your long winded recording - "our customer service centre is open between 9am and 9pm" rather than simply kicking the phone call when the user eventually gets to the desired option. That is the most frustrating thing!!

B. It is now 9.05. I called promptly at 9am, and I'm on hold now listening to Phil Collins 'take me home'.... A similar call to your 'help desk' last week had me on hold for 55mins!

9:10 --- "all our agents are still busy, please continue to hold"....silence (am I disconnected now I wonder)....still silence, what happened to Phil Collins?

Oh he's back singing "Oh but to wait for you is all I can do, it's a chance I've got to take... "

Still waiting....

Lionel Richie - Ballerina Girl

"All our agents are still busy, please continue to hold.

Really CWJ thinks that I have clearly, nothing to do with my time... that must be it.

I still am unable to get to many various websites, a tracert fails at hop #5, and we are unable to send/receive any email (business virtually locked down)

Oh I must add that it was at about this time here that our customers started calling us to say that it was our fault that they could not get to their sites, which we host. We love our clients, and told them that this is not the case, and explained the CWJ situation to them as best we could... frustration however was quite evident, and, if only for a while until we were able to clarify this - CWJ made US look bad when we had NOTHING to do with their poor customer service and support.... I digress...

More Lionel Richie....new song "HELLO....IS IT MEE YOUR LOOKING FOR"....

9:20am

Ahhh Phil Collins is back!
    "You have no riiight, to ask me how i feel..... you have no riiight to speak to me so kind. I cant go on, just holding on to time... now that we're living separate lives... " CLASSIC!

Separate lives is what CWJ and it's customers are going to be living soon if this foolishness keeps up, and guess who's still here waiting... 'holding on to time'....

9:25

I hate this song... "Wee are the world... we are the children... "

My neck hurts from holding this phone for so long, but I need to speak to a representative (the ONE that must be dealing with the calls about now). I'll be nice though, not their fault your service delivery sucks.

9:30 "Sail on down the line, bouta, half a mile or so..." More Lionel Richie. I cannot believe that I really PAY for this.

You know what's going to happen... this message, long as it is, is going to end up going to /dev/nul (look it up!) I would bet money.

9:35... still waiting... no music...

By the way, here is/was my tracert result, as I'm using a cordless phone that's beeping now and it just may go dead before I speak to your lone ranger:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms SpeedTouch.lan [10.0.0.138]
    3 12 ms * 13 ms bsn1-loopback.cwjamaica.com [208.138.43.80]
    4 12 ms 14 ms 11 ms 200.10.152.249
    5 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms as1-fe6-1-0.cwjamaica.net [200.10.152.196]
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    ... it continues on just like that.

9:40 - you guys are doing GREAT! I'm sitting here listening only to the irritating beeping of my phone (no music, nothing in the phone, other that the repeated, "please continue to hold message".....)

Does no music mean that someone may actually be getting to this call soon... one of those codes that customers like myself should just "know" - like your zero support between 9pm and 9am for ADSL...

The hour is rapidly approaching... well done!!
    If this message doesn't get passed directly to /dev/null, how about passing it up to /ceo/inbox/flagged urgent ?

What?! Music again... who's this?? "Jesus is love... he won't let you down... I knoooow Jesus forever, in my heart....". Sounds like Lionel, but never heard this one before. Can't imagine how his daughter turned out like that... sad really..

9:45 : PATHETIC CAN I TELL YOU!! PATHETIC!!! I AM STILL WAITING AND LISTENING AND STILL CANNOT WORK!!!! "All our agents are still busy, please continue to hold" ... silence again.

9:50 : Switched phones, no music, silence continues, neck hurts badly.

10:00 am : listening to Sade.... wait, it's ringing... one ring then it stopped. I can very vaguely hear conversation in the background, too low for me to hear what's being said.

10:03 am: I was just cut off!!!! CUT OFF AFTER AN HOUR OF WAITING!! BASTARDS!!!!

Right now, let me state clearly, I don't care what Flow is going to be flowing with... I'm sure that they don't have the RAW SEWERAGE you have as customer service, and even if it does, I'd rather try a new stench.

PS. Just to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, I called back 1-888-225-5295 - it was BUSY.

Goodbye CWJ, GOODBYE!

Seems CW really doing something, cuz I'm hearing of ADSL issues here at work.
    What on earth are they doing without notice I may add. At least I didn't hear any. Anyone heard of any scheduled downtime for today?

Chysalis, Most ppl here can empathize in a situation like that. CW call center sucks ***. Simply put. Im not sure if they are still in a transitional period from outsourcing their call center but whatver the case, customer service in JA on a whole needs improving.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

I still am unable to get to many various websites, a tracert fails at hop #5, and we are unable to send/receive any email (business virtually locked down)
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Our flow pipe is still shooting, but the ones on CW just cannot get to various websites or ip addresses.
    It's a sad day when in 2006 a man's business has to be crippled in this way. Especially at the end of the month when everybody is trying to get everything done before school starts.
    Last edited by Blunty Killer; Aug 25, 2006 at 10:45 AM.

i can feel your pain i tries to call them the other day to get info to see exactly wat i was being billed for and they redirected me about 3 times until i finally got pissed off and hung up, and i tried calling cuztomer care again and was on hold for about 1hr i think in JA we have an added life statistic i think that Jcans spend on average 2 years on hold trying to connect to a customer care rep, i think they should chage the name from customer care to whenever the hell we feel like getting around to you and either listening to your problems or getting tired of you and hanging up
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Well I just finished a five month problem solving issue with them. DSL kept dropping signals sometimes every 3 minutes. Well after the everlasting holds on their "customer care" lines and knowing almost all the elevator music by heart I eventually got them to rewire the lines into the house. When I get home...none of the extension including the main line is working. Technician says that the interior wiring not right. Funny thing is that the last technician came and wired according to what was there initially and he had said that the outside wiring was an issue but he got the stuff to work.
    What bugs me is the inside outside deal. The C&W guys don't touch anything after the masterjack and the technician/contractors only look at the part after the jack and none of them seem to communicate with each other. Inside have hell because of outsides work. and who has to pay...me of course to get the inside to look at the outside stuff to make sure is not crap them do again.
    Well I just found my solution...anybody who offering internet access whether cable, new phone company, as long as it don't name C&W I am fine. I have gotten my service working to a point and in all honesty I not even too care if it working perfectly my concern is to finish my contract with them and simply find an alternative.

Speaking of email support, has it ever been used for anything other than spamming us..er.. informing us of their new and improved ADSL offerings?

Chrysalis, is it the business package you have with them? If so, that means you must have an agent that deals with your company. Do you know of that agent and if so did you try calling the agent?
    My company has difficulty contacting our agent.

Are customer care agents monitored when working? i think sometimes they deliberatly ignore calls because on numerous occasions it was apparent that my calls to them was ended abruptly when they can't muster a solution. Chrysalis, we've all experienced the iniquities that you have stated above but businesses relying on the service especially it is a very critical problem.

I don't recall if i have business packages or not frankly, but the bottom line is that I'm a customer, at more than one location. I should not be subjected to this sort of treatment. And no, to answer an earlier question, i got no email notification that their service was to have been affected, and no email since to say 'sorry we screwed up this morning'. It's really a sad state of affairs, really.

Hmm, this morning i woke up to a half baked adsl connection, thought i didnt pay the bill or something.

Never tried the email approach to customer care, maybe one day i will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis
    My neck hurts from holding this phone for so long, but I need to speak to a representative
    no music, silence continues, neck hurts badly.
    wait, it's ringing... one ring then it stopped. I can very vaguely hear conversation in the background, too low for me to hear what's being said.

10:03 am: I was just cut off!!!! CUT OFF AFTER AN HOUR OF WAITING!! BASTARDS!!!!
    lol, yah.. trust me your not the only one. I've also heard those "background noises" then eventually get cut off after waiting more than an hour. Realll lousy

I also agree that they should change up the IVR. especially between 9:01pm - 8:59am

All i know is say, the call centre was outsourced so things "should've" improved???