Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How to buy things overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    global courier services jamaica is your answer but they dont do ebay. They are stupid they lost alot of customers thanks to that. Visit globalcourierja.com
    dumb they are indeed, they dont do Dell either.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

I use Ebiz and have had no problems. They do have a delivery service for the Kingston/St. Andrew area as well. Don't know the details on that though. You can call them 968-3251.

but what about the ebay sellers who only ship to a confirmed paypal address? What then ? How do i get around that? I have missed quite a few items because of this

the best solution is to get an international credit card from a local bank. may have to start be getting a secured credit card to build your credit rating.. then you will be free from third parties and just start doing things yourself (with a US mailing adress from Mailpac etc)
    MOB-Tools A.K.A. gregtheunlocker 313-3848

Maybe this can help:

http://wishlist.cabanova.com/

I've always seen these folks advertise items at the cafeteria where I work, seems they recently went online, but you still have to call them to place orders.
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

is it just me?
    or has Mailpac got veeeeeeeeeeeerrrry sllloooow and expensive lately?

or is it a customs thing?

i was bringing down a board and cprocessor and video card, and i see a $2000 "Customs User Fee" attached....what on earth is that?
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Well I just use my paypal account on ebay and items are shipped to my house within two weeks. Occassionally I have to go to the post office to pick the item up if I need to pay fees which is usally a couple hundred dollars.
    I usually ask the sellers on ebay if they are willing to ship to my address in Jamaica which is different from my confirmed address in the states. Most of the time they are willing to do it if I change the ship to address in my paypal account. For other sites I normally ship to a US address (using free shipping) and have someone bring it or mail it to me. It just takes longer. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    global courier services jamaica is your answer but they dont do ebay. They are stupid they lost alot of customers thanks to that. Visit globalcourierja.com
    d they handle newegg shipments and since pc parts carry no tax wat costs can i expect
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Krems View Post
    i was bringing down a board and cprocessor and video card, and i see a $2000 "Customs User Fee" attached....what on earth is that?
    Fee ur Govt. charges to process ur documents, and have a customs official look at box and say, "Yes indeed, those r things actually listed in invoice."
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Fee ur Govt. charges to process ur documents, and have a customs official look at box and say, "Yes indeed, those r things actually listed in invoice."
    This is no govt. charges they are making extra money from people. If you notice it will say custom fee and clearing charges. Tell you what if you want to still use them as i do the beautiful thing is i have not lost anythng (yet) thats why i stay with them but all you got to do is tell them you will clear the item yourself you sometime will even get it cleared on the detention notice if it falls below US$30.00 doing it your self