Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How to buy things overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    I want to ship a bigger item from the states by Ship to keep the cost low. Lets say a table or a chair but i dont want to pay ridiculously high shipping costs.

Anyone know if these places bring in stuff by ship?
    Try Econocaribe. They bring in tonnes of stuff by ship every week.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Is it feasible to purchase large items like washing machines etc overseas to bring here?

Even if that Econocaribe service is used?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Thanks Ramesh.... +1

@TechnoBoy - the person is bringing in specialized equipment.. simple, cheap, but not available out here... its fairly big and the person doesnt want to be charged for "dimensional weight", etc, etc..
    Last edited by Virus; Oct 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Is it feasible to purchase large items like washing machines etc overseas to bring here?

Even if that Econocaribe service is used?
    Depends on the pricing I would think. But for certain items that are marked up wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much in Ja that would seem to me the way to go. My cousin wanted a side by side fridge for instance. Courts wanted 200k for one. I found her a LG 25cu ft for $600. Even with ground shipping from Georgia to Florida and putting it on a ship to Ja it still ended up like 60K cheaper than Courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Depends on the pricing I would think. But for certain items that are marked up wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much in Ja that would seem to me the way to go. My cousin wanted a side by side fridge for instance. Courts wanted 200k for one. I found her a LG 25cu ft for $600. Even with ground shipping from Georgia to Florida and putting it on a ship to Ja it still ended up like 60K cheaper than Courts.
    Hmm. Point taken. Interesting.

Has anyone ever purchased items like cisco routers and switches....i hear customs charge excessive on them can anyone.......i plan to purchase it second hand on ebay...or kijii not looking for glamour..they just have to work....if it other casing no look too great you think they will charge me less...lol..what im interested in isif it works...full stop...not aesthetics.....but im concerned about the charge....been told they come under computer equipment....but would like some clarification..any advice would be appreciated.
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

Default Purchasing Laptop

Can anyone tell me the approximate charges that will be applied to purchasing a laptop or desktop pc online through a courier service. Does it at all work out cheaper when compared to just buying it here in Jamaica ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    Can anyone tell me the approximate charges that will be applied to purchasing a laptop or desktop pc online through a courier service. Does it at all work out cheaper when compared to just buying it here in Jamaica ?
    An example...imported a $400 laptop...paid 9k+ to clear it.