Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    I know people in Jamaica who complain about getting 1.3 Mil a year
    bouy i need to start get something close to that or that

the salary is

MIS/IT4 - approx 83000.00 per month

MIS/IT5 - approx 95,000.00 per month

of course b4 taxes

keroed1, all da best in the interview.

For a job that requires one to have a degree I thought that it paid more. A friend of mine used to get the same\similar as an MIS/IT4 and he didn't have a degree.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy
    For a job that requires one to have a degree I thought that it paid more. A friend of mine used to get the same\similar as an MIS/IT4 and he didn't have a degree.
    well is where you working still, you have some places that pay exceptionally well some places that pay good pay and some that pay crappy pay

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    waht mi try fi say still. Thats like 14,000 US Dallors a Year. Damn dat ano no money. mi eat more than $14,000 a year inna bulla

I would say ignore Duster completely on this issue.... 1.1 - 1.3 Mil is good enough to start out with thats about 20K per week.

1 week= rent
    1 week= food

I know some people making less than 20K every month feeding a family of 4...
    The cost of living in Jamaica isnt as high as in the states and also the grass isnt always greener over there.
    Nothing Lasts Forever

GOVT, pay scale is definitley not the best. I think for IT it needs another review. I suppose the thing is that the focus on the brnefits.

I know that what the pay for IT/6 (Managers) is just a joke.. Hmm.. no disrespect to anyone. However, govt pay for what they get. Hence the reason the quality of some of the pubilc sector IT staff. (N.B. Not all some! ).
    Heroes to Mentors -

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NeGatiVe View Post
    I would say ignore Duster completely on this issue.... 1.1 - 1.3 Mil is good enough to start out with thats about 20K per week.

1 week= rent
    1 week= food

I know some people making less than 20K every month feeding a family of 4...
    The cost of living in Jamaica isnt as high as in the states and also the grass isnt always greener over there.
    yeah i think itts a goo start especially where i coming from

Duster, you cant really compare pay scales in the US with pay scales in Jamaica, because as said before the cost of living in the states is much higher than that of Jamaica:

Example: from my experience the average cost of renting is a little over 1000USD (66,000 JMD), versus in Jamaica, the average in Kingston is about $20,000 JMD, the average cost of get your hair cut in the states is about $25USD per visit, in Jamaica, the average hair cut costs about $400JMD; not to mention medical expenses (I have a relative who flies to Jamaica whenever she wants to see the dentist - plane fare + visit out here works out still cheaper than if she had gone in the states).

I was offered a job with a consultancy company in New Jersey starting at $50,000 USD per year and when I did my research my standard of living would be much better if I stayed in Jamaica at the then salary I was getting so I turned them down.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5