Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software development companies in Jamaica

Seanbee named the other companies i was thinking bout.

Some of these development companies lack though. In terms of upgrading their software
    It probably cost less to buy a new system from somebody else than to ask them to upgrade it. Cuz when things go bad, some of the error messages totally useless to both you and them.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20
    Let me see if I can help you:

MCS - Management Control Systems (Subsidary of JNBS) - makers of the web flex top application used by Digicel

PeopleCorp - strong ties with JMMB I believe, most of JMMB's development is done by PeopleCorp

Indusa (not sure if I spelt this correctly) - strong ties with CIT, in fact this company is one of the institutions that made CIT happen. Located in Mobay on the freeport specializing in software development for off-shore companies

Apex Solutions - not sure if core systems development is done here but I know they do some form of solutions development.

Note though that the majority of people in Jamaica working in the field of I.T. do not work for companies with I.T. as their core function; I.T. is said to be the most effective means of Organizational change and increasing productivity/efficiency so most companies will have an I.T. department which is how people like myself gets employed. Think of JPS, Digicel, CWJ, all the Banks - they have an I.T. department which although does not do all the software development for their company plays a vital role
    Here are the links associated with those companies:
    MC Systems (I did not know if they have their own web site).
    Indusa.
    People Corp.
    Apex business solutions Ltd..

Only Indusa develops softwares that I was thinking about, like IISE. However, they use offshore for all their software development. Others are specialized in business solutions and I don't integrated this in software development. I agree with you, when you say, I quote "(...)companies now seem not to have the patience to wait on a system to be developed when it can be purchased(...)". But, all the software are not yet been invented and even if a software, that a company wants, is on the market, this company may not be able to purchased it, perhaps because it has a lot of functionalities that are useless for the company. For example, my chief admited me that the software that we sold to Guadeloupe and Martinique Port, is really too big for those Ports needs.
    Well, as far as I am concerned, I will be very interested in the creation of a pure West Indies Software Development companies which will meet skills of all west indies programmers, architech, consultants and so on. I am conscious that it is a dream now as long as local companies will prefer offshore. In France, offshore is used only by very big companies like Capgemini or Gemplus, but in Guadeloupe and in Martinique offshore is not already used, and I hope it will never used .
    I think I will have to come in Jamaica and in Trinidad (I found some good I.T links about T&T) when I will back In Guadeloupe, in order to take some contacts and better understant the I.T market.

Rakoun
    /°\
    Pa konèt mové, dèyè do sé on péyi.

Hey everybody, this thread is very old but now I leave in Guadeloupe since about 2 years. So I am near Carribean market and I want to know more about software development carribean companies. So, if some of yours have another links to me don't hesitate to post same in that thread. Currently I try to find a web site that agregate all peace of information about such companies.
    Now I am freelance and I work in an ISP company in Guadeloupe. I am in a umbrella company called PSC (Portage Salarial Caraïbeen) and I aim to create my own company next year and I am interesting in partnership with carribean people.

Thanks for help

My web site: http://www.rakoun.com (sorry it is in french but I will create a spanish and english version).

Rakoun
    /°\
    Pa konèt mové, dèyè do sé on péyi.

Any other link to a local company, I really need to find a local software development company

Quote Originally Posted by demdem View Post
    Any other link to a local company, I really need to find a local software development company
    May I ask what you are looking to do?

Quote Originally Posted by CGPGroup View Post
    May I ask what you are looking to do?
    ThinkBrite Solutions Limited on hope road is a pretty good one as well.
    970-5557 970-5566

http://www.ingenuitytech.co/ also does software engineering, QA and system testing.