Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software development companies in Jamaica

Default Software development companies in Jamaica

Hello,

I looked all the techjamaica links about IT companies in Jamaica and I only found only one company which seems realy specialized in software development. So, I would like to know if this field of IT is realy present in Jamaica, and if yes, could you give me some links and some names. Looking the members skills of techjamaica, I supposed that more than one company is specialized in software developement in Jamaica.
    When I speak about software development I don't mean software integration and/or system integration.
    I hope I am clear because I am not accostuming in using such english IT terms.

Rakoun
    /°\
    Pa konèt mové, dèyè do sé on péyi.

wel...there are not so many softawre companies in jamaica...cus everything is sent to india...those guys will do anything for little or nothing....
    but i ewas looking around and i foudn this site which was under contruction

http://www.softdev.smarja.com

i think thats the development section of their site..
    OvErSiZeSpAdE

Quote Originally Posted by OSS
    wel...there are not so many softawre companies in jamaica...cus everything is sent to india...those guys will do anything for little or nothing....
    but i ewas looking around and i foudn this site which was under contruction

http://www.softdev.smarja.com

i think thats the development section of their site..
    Thanks for your answer. I get an error when I click on the lick above. I did not know that Jamaica used offshore in India!I will try to find with which India companies Jamaican's software companies work with.

Rakoun
    /°\

Umm, i know D3 Technologies do Software devel, theres another company but i cant remember their name. Couple of them exist

OvErSiZeSpAdE

Quote Originally Posted by OSS
    Okay, thanks, I think it is your website?
    The D3 Technologies site have a lot of page that doesnt work. If you can, try to remember names of the other software development companies Virus.

Rakoun
    /°\

majority of these so called software companies out here really just pushing web based application it realy makes me sad too as i really wanted a profession doing c++ coding or something in that area instead i'm on php.. which is fun too but it wasn't the original dream

Let me see if I can help you:

MCS - Management Control Systems (Subsidary of JNBS) - makers of the web flex top application used by Digicel

PeopleCorp - strong ties with JMMB I believe, most of JMMB's development is done by PeopleCorp

Indusa (not sure if I spelt this correctly) - strong ties with CIT, in fact this company is one of the institutions that made CIT happen. Located in Mobay on the freeport specializing in software development for off-shore companies

Apex Solutions - not sure if core systems development is done here but I know they do some form of solutions development.

Note though that the majority of people in Jamaica working in the field of I.T. do not work for companies with I.T. as their core function; I.T. is said to be the most effective means of Organizational change and increasing productivity/efficiency so most companies will have an I.T. department which is how people like myself gets employed. Think of JPS, Digicel, CWJ, all the Banks - they have an I.T. department which although does not do all the software development for their company plays a vital role
    Last edited by seanbee20; Aug 17, 2006 at 01:28 PM.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5