Thread: Xupiter: How to remove this trash?

Default Xupiter: How to remove this trash?

Has anyone every heard of Xupiter?.

Apparently it is a program that has somehow installed itself on my computer and now redirects my home page to own webpage and has even installed its own toolbar into IE. It also brings up its own error messages when a site is not found, etc. It does not appear in "Add/Remove Programs" and when I disable the toolbar it still comes back whenever I start IE.

How can I remove this trash from my computer?
    Help!

Default Re:Xupiter: How to remove this trash?

Xupiter is an Adware develpoed by some scum company.....
    You can use this software to get rid of Spyware from this link here http://www.scumware.com/user3e.html

You will need to run some clean-up operations by following these instructions:
    Go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab. Uncheck the Enable third party extensions [requires restart],this is in the Browsing section.Close Internet Explorer and click to enable it again.

A quick and dirty way of getting rid of these programs is to do a search for it eg. Xupiter or Bonzi etc and delete the folder which it resides in.

I think that these adware products (Xupiter, Bonzi, etc.) are giving viruses a whole new definition >

I finally got this trash removed by going to their site (www.xupiter.com) and selecting a removal option.