Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Microsoft access

Default Re:Microsoft access

[quote author=owen link=board=10;threadid=3131;start=15#msg29674 date=1078424658]
    storing the images in the database won't slow down data access by any considerable amount. especially when indexs are being used.
    main problem is the database will grow faster than you can throw a fan at it, making backups more of a pain.
    [/quote]

Quite true, but as long as the pictures' size is kept to a minimum (say 25K), it will take a long time for it to grow excessively large.

Which A level subject is this?

Thats a strange question to ask gravyflex... i thought it would be obvious but its computing.
    By the way on the question 3. The question was simply to make a calculator for roman numerals. But it wasnt really a calculator i call it more a converter. But anyway i already finished this i will be posting up the code in about 2 weeks wen i am sure nobody will be able to copy it as it should have already been submitted.

Had no idea they had A level computing.

Oh zeen. Ok i guess u have good reason then

Ok guys i have solved my password problem thanx to suggestions from you all and i have also decided to incorporate the pictures into the database which is working splendidly.
    Now i have another query. I would like that whenever the database opens it prompts for a username and password which it does but... i would like that to be in a form with a neat little pic in the background and buttons and everything. I would like to know if you guys could possibly help me to do this... thank you

Create the form in Access that you'd want to do this. Then go to the Tools menu and look for a configuration option there that allows you to select a form to load on startup. I can't recall the specific menu options at present, but it's under Tools. Hopefully Ramesh can remind us of it. Use that tool to select the form you want Access to load on startup.

I know how to get the form to start upon starting the database but i dont know how to get the password option to go there. Because the password stuff is linked directly to access and access has its own little boring grey box that pops up and tells me to enter the password. I want to change that little boring gray box and even add a few buttons there.