Thread: Zone Alarm flaw opens firewalls to email attack

Default Zone Alarm flaw opens firewalls to email attack

ZoneAlarm Flaw Opens Firewalls To E-mail Attack

By TechWeb News

Zone Labs has alerted users that several versions of its personal firewall products are vulnerable to a buffer overflow attack conducted via e-mail that could leave supposedly-protected systems open to malicious code assaults, the company said.

The affected editions include the 4.0 versions of ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Plus, and ZoneAlarm Pro; ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5; and Zone Labs Integrity Client 4.0 and 4.5.

"If successfully exploited, a skilled attacker could cause the firewall to stop processing traffic, execute arbitrary code, or elevate malicious code's privileges," ZoneAlarm said Wednesday in the alert posted on its Web site.
    http://www.networkcomputing.com/show...cleID=17800140

Default Re:Zone Alarm flaw opens firewalls to email attack

Ok, that was what the ZoneAlarm update was for. Zonealarm alerted me to a newer version of the software a few days ago. Couldn't find any info on what the update was for. But updated anyway.

ya see what i mean about za......they always busting it open a way.....cho!

sygate man....sygate.....

[quote author=deakie link=board=27;threadid=3129;start=0#msg28867 date=1077571971]
    ya see what i mean about za......they always busting it open a way.....cho!

sygate man....sygate.....
    [/quote]Haven't you heard my yout? No software is perfect. Zonealarm is popular not to mention one of the best firewalls, it was bound to happen someday.

You gwaan hide beyind your sygate. Mi naa sey nottin when dem target sygate. Or maybe I will? ;D :P