Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Wii Specs Fully Unveiled

grrrr wii crap crap crap such a lame system butthenwho to tell i might jus like it butfo rnow its crap

its runnin on the first genxbox hardware so outdated

but then the first xbox did produce th ebest graphics i believe

anyway keep em coming--i jus hope they dontlame out mario anymore
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan
    Where not when. ie DEV kit, E3 hardware etc ..
    I don't know, I don't work for Treyarch.

If Broadway was not a tweaked and overclocked Gekko than why was the older Dev kit and E3 hardware base on the GameCube. If Broadway was base on a the G5 the E3 hardware would be base on a G5 computer.

The specs does everything that Nintendo wants. It will have better graphics than GameCube and Xbox. It is backward compatible without having GameCube hardware or software emulation. It will fit in that small case without melting. Nintendo will not lose money on the hardware. Have the power to run the Virtual Console.
    404 error: Signature Not Found

dude jus a note nintendo has never lost money on consoles doggg

they be the top boss on consoles--welll hold on backtrack they did looose alot on the gamecube and 64 hmmmm anyway forward track well i hope they dont mess it up with the m little kiddies games
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Here is a Wii gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSY4L...%2D7429%2Ehtml

For comparison xbox 360

http://www.xboxyde.com/stream_2823_en.html

gameplay vs graphics
    Last edited by maf3000; Aug 6, 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytrouble
    dude jus a note nintendo has never lost money on consoles doggg

they be the top boss on consoles--welll hold on backtrack they did looose alot on the gamecube and 64 hmmmm anyway forward track well i hope they dont mess it up with the m little kiddies games
    No they did not lose money on Gamecube, not even $1.00

Plus remember Xbox 360 playable Demos at Last Years E3 were running on Apple G5's!

So you realise even if the Wii is on G5 level it will look much better than most people are being currently lead to believe.

The onboard physics calculation (Something we are all gonna need a dedicated card for (either an old X800, or old 7XXX or an Aiega card)), is gonna free up lots of power.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan
    So you realise even if the Wii is on G5 level it will look much better than most people are being currently lead to believe.

The onboard physics calculation (Something we are all gonna need a dedicated card for (either an old X800, or old 7XXX or an Aiega card)), is gonna free up lots of power.
    Onboard physics calculation will take some work off the cpu but the gpu has to do more work. This is the problem that people are having with Ageia PhysX card lower frame rates.

Look at this

the PhysX card doesn't look promising, for two main reasons. First, the physics algorithms are locked into the hardware, which prevents programmers from changing the algorithms if they find better ones. Second, as we mentioned earlier, the factors that influence physics cannot be simplified into an equation in a satisfying way. This basically means that you're stuck with what you have and cannot go forward.
    An obvious fact is that physics isn't just lights and mirrors like graphics, where you can accept the illusion that a large square area looks like a realistic wooden wall. You don't want a cloth towel behaving like a wooden board when colliding with something else. Gaming physics that makes things more realistic needs insane amounts of calculations, something a PPU might do quite well in some areas but more inaccurately, whereas the CPU does more correctly but at the cost of speed.

So, what hardware will be best for physics? We still have to wait and see. The optimal solution will probably be some sort of compromise, where a multi-core CPU does the complex calculations, and some kind of hardware (be it the GPU or a PPU) takes care of easier calculations where a larger number of objects is involved. And of course, you wouldn't go wrong having dual graphic cards to render it all on the screen with a decent frame rate.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/08/...aming_physics/

Peter Molyneux comments on Wii hardware

Let's talk platforms. Obviously, now, you're not going to slag off the Xbox 360, but you must at least be intrigued by the Wii? You've said good things about it in the past.

I think Nintendo have done a fantastic job. There's something at the end of Game On that says: "Never underestimate Nintendo". They have got the worst-performing piece of next-generation hardware - it's only slightly better than the original Xbox. But the genius of what they did was realise that consumers don't give an arse about how many bits and bobs and flips and flops and that malarkey consoles have. When we were at 32-bit and 64-bit, it was fine, but how many bits do we have now? What they care about is that they're going to get something that they haven't seen before. What they have done, brilliantly, is to say: "Right, we're going to revolutionise not the box but what you hold," and they've done that very well. I think Sony jumping on that bandwagon, quite blatantly, and not coming up with such a sexy message, is poor. I've played with the Wii and I still think it's a challenging name. You do get used to it, and they've made it unique. But I'm waiting for the Nintendo Poo and then they'd have the set.
    http://www.spong.com/feature/10109398?cb=811

Quote Originally Posted by maf3000
    Here is a Wii gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSY4L...%2D7429%2Ehtml

For comparison xbox 360

http://www.xboxyde.com/stream_2823_en.html

gameplay vs graphics

kool vidz...might pick up downhill jamz for the wii too

ok after much thought into nintendo disapointing me with such inferior hardware i have re-evaluated this post to be an utter bull**** claim

a lot or time and mone went into developing hollywood n broadway
    also ati had prominsed nintendo a special gpu for this time around cause nintendo was the one who brought them into console gaming and helped promote ati's growth also the wii will be capable of physx and the wii mayh even have a fully dx10 capable gpu (mid end gpu) also ibm couldnt betray nintendo like that im sure nintendow will have a very capable cpu from them

only thing im uncertain about is mem performance and how much as nintendo will be trying to reduce cost

im hoping on at least 512mb total system memas to not bottle neck the console world in gaming (remember ps2 only having 4mb video mem?) major bottle neck when games were to be on all platforms

also sony should get a life n get a real light gun for ps3 lol

hell u know what sony should do offer 2 ps3's one that plays blu ray and one that doesnt!!!!!!!! get the dam 400 us off the price tag!!!!!

these specs are confirmed fake

so don't loose sleep over it

These seem to be some accurate comparisons:

http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e105757xmBwktXa
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com