Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: at what age did you learn to program?

I started programming when i was eleven.I really wanted to make games and i found Gamemaker.It has its own language called GML.But ever since i got a new computer i looked for another gameengine and i found Blender, which uses Python.Python is the language i use now and i find that it can do the same things as C/C++ but its slower, a little.
    Now, I am 15 years old, I am in grade 11 and I use Python, for more than just Blender.Currently i am trying to make a gameengine (like OGRE), but i aint making much progress because of school.

while in school, CXC IT programming caught my attention, the whole pseudocode/algorithm so, and so I left school - got a job in a library and started building a little application to manage the daily operations...rental/return etc, this motivated me cuz I realize I actually love waht I was doing, and after that, its just application after application....

Yeah so, I started about age 15 there about...
    DO NOT MERELY HEAR THE WORDS AND IGNORE THEM...TAKE HEED....

started 3 yrs ago age 15 in VBasic
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Started with BASICA, at 16. A long time ago.
    Last edited by fatta77; Oct 10, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
    www.pixJM.com - View and upload photos/videos of what's currently happening in the streets of Jamaica.

started 2 years ago age 15 basic
    AMD Phenom II x 4 BE @ 3.3GHz, 37 " Visio 120Hz 1080P LCD, Radeon HD4870, 2GB DDR3 RAM ,1TB hard Drive< Genius 5.1 Surround Sound
    561-7757

wow, amazing.I want a job in programming.Any of you know any jobs i can get next couple of years from now?

I learned FORTRAN at 18-19 at UWI, they had an ICL mainframe. We had to type our programmes on punch cards (one line of code per card) and send the big stack of cards into the computer room to be compiled. When we got no errors fron the compiler (big fan fold report), we could send them for processing and hope we would get the results we were looking for. No immediate gratification you would put the cards in an input tray, where the technician would collect them eventually, and go to classes come back hours later for the results.
    I never saw the computer it was in a big sterile room with airlock doors, like a surgery.

I am still learning but I would say about 18

1996 - Borland Pascal, and Borland C. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to get into any of the newer languages.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".