Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Passion of the Christ - The movie

Default Re:The Passion of the Christ - The movie

[quote author=Techie88 link=board=29;threadid=3078;start=15#msg33513 date=1081727698]
    Thats how the world turns. I am in agrement with you. I dont think that the atheists should criticise the film and they dont believe in it. It shouldnt affect them in anyway.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Chris link=board=29;threadid=3078;start=15#msg33511 date=1081727305]
    I was told by someone who saw it before me to take tissue. I didn't think that was necessary, but when I went to see it, oh I wished for a handkerchief :'(

The movie is intense, but it's not as intense as what Christ actually went through.

Many persons complain that it's way too intense and unecessarily brutal, but yet they will go see some action or horror movie with even more graphic violence and not complain. Go figure ???

Another interesting observation are the atheists who are criticizing the movie. Yeah right. The movie shouldn't bother them since they don't believe in Christ anyway ???
    [/quote]

Well said!

Very touching movie, it really gave me a very graphic yet detailed view of the last 12 hours of christ life on earth and the punishment he sufferred......On Several occasions I have been asked what makes big men cry...Well "The Passion of the Christ" makes big men cry.... :-[ :-[

[quote author=GodKid link=board=29;threadid=3078;start=0#msg28959 date=1077670101]
    the Jew thing has gone a little too long in my estimation..

so what if the Jews chose Barrabas.. it the DUMB A**ES (i'm just emotional) that decide to kill Jews simply because of that that need to be done away with...

fact is Jesus HAD to be curcified.. so why go killing the people who did it?? ahhhh bwoy... i hate getting into this argument cuase its just soooooo... ILLOGICAL.

i can see it now...

Idiot: "Jesus is Lord and Saviour.. When I go anywhere I think .. WWJD (What would Jesus Do)? I am soooooo devout. The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof. God doesn't hate the people.. He hates the SIN of the people..."

Jew walks by..

Idiot: "There goes that [glow=red,1,300]&!**#*$*@[/glow] whose [glow=red,1,300]*&$^$@%%@*@)[/glow] foreparents killed my [glow=red,1,300]*&$^@$@&#[/glow] Saviour! DEATH TO JEWS!!!!!!"

I mean.. come on man!
    [/quote]

There is a scholastic school of thought that has the view that Judas Ischariot betrayed Jesus as a form of Patriotic Duty. This being so as it had to be done. It was dirty work and somebody had to do it.

Why then would he kiss him? Didn't Judas believe that Jesus was the Messiah evenmoreso than others?

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=29;threadid=3078;start=15#msg34971 date=1083012197]
    There is a scholastic school of thought that has the view that Judas Ischariot betrayed Jesus as a form of Patriotic Duty. This being so as it had to be done. It was dirty work and somebody had to do it.

Why then would he kiss him? Didn't Judas believe that Jesus was the Messiah evenmoreso than others?
    [/quote]

Hindsight is 20/20. Those persons can sit here in present time and look back and say that Judas did it out of patriotic duty. Yeah right : So if it was patriotic duty and the disciples knew it then, why didn't they fight over each other to turn him in? My understanding is that they didn't have a problem finding or even knowing Jesus, but they had to proceed on a charge/accusation laid against him by one of his own.

True Chris ....but (devil's advocacy) how would you feel about turning in someone who is more important to you than your kids or parents to be killed? You would take kindly to that would you. If you were told now that you will deny Christ three times in public what would your response be?

Sometimes it may not be something you want to accept but if it will happen it will dare to say must.

Someone had to deny Jesus. Peter swore it wouldn't be him. Jesus knew, only peter of the lot would have been brave enough to go to the court yard.

It would be difficult to see from that end, but the fact is someone had to do it.

Which brings up an interesting point about prophecy and fate:

If your future has been seen already, should you intervene and try to prevent propecy from being fulfilled? Jesus saw his death approaching and even told his disciples about it. Should they or could they have done something to prevent it or should they just let prophecy take its course? Difficult decisions.

i watch the movie. i though it was great, its on of the best movies this year so far. what was that ugly baby the devil was carry around.

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=29;threadid=3078;start=15#msg34984 date=1083016826]
    True Chris ....but (devil's advocacy) how would you feel about turning in someone who is more important to you than your kids or parents to be killed? You would take kindly to that would you. If you were told now that you will deny Christ three times in public what would your response be?

Sometimes it may not be something you want to accept but if it will happen it will dare to say must.

Someone had to deny Jesus. Peter swore it wouldn't be him. Jesus knew, only peter of the lot would have been brave enough to go to the court yard.

It would be difficult to see from that end, but the fact is someone had to do it.

[/quote]

thats exactly why i believe in destiny, not matter what you do god has a plan for. if ur suppose to die today and u lock ur urself in ur house or u fly to japan somethin will happen and u will die