Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaican IT Salaries

That 70k is before taxes mi doops....If I had a car the salary would be greater because we get travelling as well...I can't complain though...Mi nuh have nuh big certs, ah just prove mi prove miself ova di years, ya dig.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

i went on an interview on tuesday and they gave me a form to fill out and one of the question was what is my expected salary? what i want to know is do they use that figure if it is lower that what they really must pay or they are "honest" enough to pay they required salary?
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

At my job I am the Systems Analyst and my take home salary is 135,000 and some change (after Tax) which includes traveling.

The system admin take home 78,000.
    Tech support takes home little over 60 G

Quote Originally Posted by lovepython
    i went on an interview on tuesday and they gave me a form to fill out and one of the question was what is my expected salary? what i want to know is do they use that figure if it is lower that what they really must pay or they are "honest" enough to pay they required salary?
    It depends on the company. Where I work now I initially asked for 1.5 million and I ended up getting a whole lot more, so it depends.

The systems admin take home less than the systems analyst at your company?

lol thats a slap in their face..

In my company the systems Analyst is a hire position than the systems Admin. Any company can pull some people out of UTECH to do some Networking, I can do everything the System Admin can do but I doubt he can do what I do. The system Admin is just another name for the Network Administrator.

ok i see. well i hope if i get the job they will give me more than want i put on the paper.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

its nice to know that any youngen utech grad can replace me just like that..

should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto_Nerd
    At my job I am the Systems Analyst and my take home salary is 135,000 and some change (after Tax) which includes traveling.

The system admin take home 78,000.
    Tech support takes home little over 60 G

It depends on the company. Where I work now I initially asked for 1.5 million and I ended up getting a whole lot more, so it depends.
    You are a very brave man - kudos to you on being forthcoming with your actual salary.

BTW - nice salary package
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5