Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaican IT Salaries

true - no set standard - all depends on where u drop.

i perform some of those functions for small companies around kgn - but thats not the same as being employed fulltime by them.

i try to net over 100k each month but sometimes things very slow.

by my own judgement however i would say:

L1 PCtech - gross $35k-45k/month
    L2 PCtech - gross $405k-55k/month
    L3 PCtech - gross >$50k/month
    Sys Admin - gross >$60k/month (the minimum)
    Net Admin - gross $50k - $80k/month(entry level)

kinda give u an idea off my personal fees - but it all depends on the clients needs.

government have these things already classified into categories (MIS/IT#) - gonna see if i can source it.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_kammealeon
    as i thought hey love phyton you will never get get these guys to tell you that in fact you cant really get anyone give you that info because its quite personal

But as they say its really the company you work for and what also what your worth so you and i can have an IT degree yes but if i had few certs with mine im actually more value able than you would be
    i realize its kinda personal. i dont really expect them to give a exact salary figure just a range. yea i know that certs really make u more marketable because they are more practical based and they state that u know what ur doin, PRACTICALLY. i just finish an associates degree in computer servicing and electronics and as soon as i start working ill be looking towards the CCNA cert.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

g2cris thats pretty impressive 100k a month... u only do freelance jobs or u have a full time job as well? thanks for the estimate i have an interview and i really want to have an idea what to expect if i get the job. what certs and/or degrees do u have?
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Thats the goal - some times its hard and you are lucky if u get half that - I mainly freelance, but i do get some small short term contracts every now and then that pay well. as forthe amount i really try to work it out per annum - and i really dont make that much, mainly because its not constant but when u do get work it can be good.

Be able to write solid contracts. even if its just for a month.

I never found the government info tho. sorry - i would really like to have it.

I do a mixture of these three: Network Admin, Systems Admin and Comp Tech III.

Sal: J$849,000/yr

Been doing this for seven years...Started low and worked my way up the salary scale.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

Smile Pretty close

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris

i perform some of those functions for small companies around kgn - but thats not the same as being employed fulltime by them.

kinda give u an idea off my personal fees - but it all depends on the clients needs.

government have these things already classified into categories (MIS/IT#) - gonna see if i can source it.
    These figures are close...Kinda forgot what Gov. classify mi as.
    LG Fortune 2

thanx anyway i appreciate the help.

I do a mixture of these three: Network Admin, Systems Admin and Comp Tech III.

Sal: J$849,000/yr
    thats not bad over 70 grand a month. i really need to increase my worth so i can start moving up the salary scale.

Morpheus Guest

g2cris u have a good estimate, I do mixture of Computer Tech III and multimedia design for a salary of over 60k per month.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris

dam w3ish i was getting that cheese rasta but gov jobs is a ***** wid them mou
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

That 70k is before taxes mi doops....If I had a car the salarywould be greater because we get travelling as well...I can't complain though...Mi nuh hae nuh big certs, ah just prove mi prove miself ova di years, ya dig.
    LG Fortune 2