Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaican IT Salaries

Default Jamaican IT Salaries

What is the expected starting salary for the following positions?

Computer Technician level 1

Computer Technician level 2

Computer Technician level 3

System Administrator

Network Administrator

Public and Private Sector if possible.
    Last edited by lovepython; Jul 18, 2006 at 12:57 PM.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

hmmm i myslef would ove to know this as well

but u should prob state wheter its public or private sector still
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

What defines these levels?
    Last edited by g2cris; Jul 25, 2006 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris
    What defines these levels?
    Computer Technician I
    Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.

Computer Technician II
    Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.

Computer Technician III
    Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent. Requires at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.

Systems Administrator
    Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area with at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.

Entry Level Network Administrator
    Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

ooh thats me.. systems administrator, salary depends on the company you work for

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr
    ooh thats me.. systems administrator, salary depends on the company you work for
    what was your starting salary and how long have u been in the position?

my starting salary was nuff.. but thats because its a fairly big company.

been there about a year+1/2, why?

How Nuff is nuff...... approximately.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

I doubt you'll get an answer.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

as i thought hey love phyton you will never get get these guys to tell you that in fact you cant really get anyone give you that info because its quite personal still but here what i know when i was the nwc

Technical/Communication support analayst gets like 80 000+travel so that mean it depeneds if you make a few negril trips for the month you cant get like a 2000 more on your pay

the last time i checked the programmers where like in the 60-70 000 bracket
    Computer operators 50 000 everybody seh them get too much for nothing but thats what they got

But as they say its really the company you work for and what also what your worth so you and i can have an IT degree yes but if i had few certs with mine im actually more value able than you would be