Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: New C&W Package

Yow,I was just told by an agent that you will only pay the 29.95 for six months, after the promotion ends u pay the original fee of the package whether u chose the 2mb or 3mb !!!!
    PC Chips is the best motherboard maker eva !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilistik View Post
    Benefits cw:
    1)direct provider as mentioned above
    2) low start up
    3) corporate discounts
    4)option for 2mb/3mb promo

Benefits Infochan:
    1)No contract
    2) more likely to get in touch with customer service
    3) not c & w
    When you get in touch with their customer service who do u think they are going to have to run to for help???? The SAME CnW csr's, I don't believe Infochannel's csr's can do much for u besides help configuring ur email and initial setup.
    OK... yes they are not CnW but that is just name alone. If something happens to that network EVERYONE on that network is affected. It doesn't matter who u pay ur bill to.
    Last edited by Y@tta; Oct 7, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
    The limits you are living with right now, in very aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions.
    And they are holding you back.
    You are capable of far more than you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by redx View Post
    yep rightly said y@tta, is di same wear n tear cwj telephone wire every ting ago through so it is the same difference,
    well each isp might change the cost but a de same buggy service

so wat will be the original price when the promotion end
    70(-1) and 79 USD respectively..i think..its either that or 59 and 70(-1)

Well I just heard something that makes me thank god for Flow...

My father, in Malvern aka "back-a-bush" St. Elizabeth, on the very top of the Santa Cruz mountains, where, only 15 years ago (early 90's) , some communities still didn't have electricity....

...just got 256K DSL

That should put a significant dent in his 10G/month dialup-internet/phone bill...

C&W called and offered him free installation free eq and 1st month free if he accepted.

I had called on his behalf about 6 months earlier about DSL and they had said they weren't offering the service there and had no idea IF or WHEN they would be.

God Bless Competition...

well you wanna know something funny.
    I decided to go with InfoChannels DSL last year december over c&w because I was sure sure that Flow would buss in April like they orignally said.
    But now it is october and they still havent reached my are yet, inspite of the fact that I ama SAUCE customer in Mona.

I decided not to go with c&w because I didnt like the one year contract and I thought I would just switch to flow early.

Oh well!

In Hindsight would I have done it differently?
    I dont know.
    Basically it works out to the sam money if you ask me.
    I havent had reason to call tech support i over 6 months.
    SO I ma very satisfied with their service.
    There were some hiccups i the beginning but those days are over now.

And who wants C&w tech support anyways if you have to wait over an hour for a csr?
    thats the pits still.

any ways thats my .02c

BTW Infochan gets some broadband from FLOW as well so it is not entirely the same as C&W thats why they can afford to undersell c&w for the 256k package.
    Out the 100Base-T, past the firewall, through the router, down the cable bus, over the leased line,off the bridge...nothing but Net.

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan View Post
    Well I just heard something that makes me thank god for Flow...

My father, in Malvern aka "back-a-bush" St. Elizabeth, on the very top of the Santa Cruz mountains, where, only 15 years ago (early 90's) , some communities still didn't have electricity....

...just got 256K DSL
    Malvern get dsl good while now from last yr september,

With all the bad we say bout cw them still try the go nuff bush go put dsl where dont have it yet is exchange problems : in fatc if possible it will be put everywhere there are suitable lines.

not many businesses would go that far .
    In the days of old" when men were bold and wi fi was not yet invented some ancient telecom companies sat there quite contented.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilistik View Post
    Malvern get dsl good while now from last yr september,

With all the bad we say bout cw them still try the go nuff bush go put dsl where dont have it yet is exchange problems : in fatc if possible it will be put everywhere there are suitable lines.

not many businesses would go that far .
    I disagree with you to an extent. I like the idea of trying to facilitate everybody but a company must know when it has reached its capability. If you can only service 100 then deal with the 100. Put in 101 and everybody including the original 100 suffers miserably. They are spreading their wings and leaving many unhappy customers who I am sure will let the world know they are unhappy. It took them 5 months to address my problem which was eventually solved by a technician who said hey let me change the modem. None of the other 10 technicians before him even looked at that issue. they were in so much of a rush to blame the wiring in the house and the computer and the cords. In fact I am on a fringe area for my exchange so the problem was distance according to the last techy. I wasn't looking for blame, I wanted the DSL service to work.

Unhappy CWJ Habits

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSunny View Post
    I disagree with you to an extent. I like the idea of trying to facilitate everybody but a company must know when it has reached its capability. If you can only service 100 then deal with the 100. Put in 101 and everybody including the original 100 suffers miserably. They are spreading their wings and leaving many unhappy customers who I am sure will let the world know they are unhappy. It took them 5 months to address my problem which was eventually solved by a technician who said hey let me change the modem. None of the other 10 technicians before him even looked at that issue. they were in so much of a rush to blame the wiring in the house and the computer and the cords. In fact I am on a fringe area for my exchange so the problem was distance according to the last techy. I wasn't looking for blame, I wanted the DSL service to work.
    That right there is CWJ old dirty practice of blaming everthing thing else & not doing a full trouble shooting of the system. The sad thing is you can't fully blame the technicians cause thats what they were trained to do & say. Make a Techie ever buck up a CWJ Technician & start asking him the right questions.... but...line problem....masterjack.... no problem on our side. When will they ever learn.
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

I think that In order to fully maintain and develope in a continuingly globalised market cw needs to change their reactionary practises. trouble shooting, problem solving and support seems to be a major issue. They seem to be attempting to launch new and dynamic products now but until those issues are resolved customer will not be happy.