Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal 11 and delphi7

Default Crystal 11 and delphi7

Has anyone managed to deploy Crystal 11 successfully with a delphi7 application?

After the installation the application fails to run

Any exception raised?

Did CR10 work ok? Did CR10 work ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Blunty Killer
    Any exception raised?
    unknowen exception 0x0eedfade.

We have Crystal 11 not 10
    Last edited by Artificial_Intelligence; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:25 AM.

Do you have MadExcept?

Quote Originally Posted by Blunty Killer
    Do you have MadExcept?
    sorry , what is MadExcept?

MadShi's MadExcept. It should catch the exception and tell you where in the code it is originating. That particular unknown exception appears to be a third party component more than a bad call in the code itself. Googling turns up a few ideas but nothing concrete.

PS - I am going by the assumption you have the source code for the app you are working with.

Thanks for the replys so far guys , but i belize it's a problem with crystal not playing well with the installer.(i am using installshield 10.5), will have to get the 11 or so and see how that pans out, the installer is not installing registering components that crystal needs to work.

Angry

Ok, its official crystal deployment is a problem. Here is the deal.. I have a application written in D7 that has one component for crystal11. This components only allows you to view the reports, thing is I have tried two installers [1] Inno setup and install shield 11.5. The program crashes after it’s installed and launched on the client’s machine it would not give any error. i Got the mad expert and it mentioned something about MDAC which I reinstalled which did not fix the problem

Something else has happened. Since I tried to distribute the application with install shield the clients systems will not run the application if I take off the crystal component, but the installation without the crystal support.
    Anything or Anyone that fails to grow will eventually die. {AI}
    -------------------------------------------------
    Tomorrow is the future!
    Today Is the Tomorrow you made Yesterday!{AI}

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial_Intelligence
    Ok, its official crystal deployment is a problem. Here is the deal.. I have a application written in D7 that has one component for crystal11. This components only allows you to view the reports, thing is I have tried two installers [1] Inno setup and install shield 11.5. The program crashes after it’s installed and launched on the client’s machine it would not give any error. i Got the mad expert and it mentioned something about MDAC which I reinstalled which did not fix the problem

Something else has happened. Since I tried to distribute the application with install shield the clients systems will not run the application if I take off the crystal component, but the installation without the crystal support.
    It looks like you are trying to access a database for your reports on the client's computer but some component is not installed. Could you check to see if all the data access components installed on your system is also installed on your client's system?