Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you really get 3.0Ghz

Default Re:Will you really get 3.0Ghz

[quote author=Skillachi link=board=3;threadid=296;start=0#msg2497 date=1040657839]
    AMD is not really as fast as the pentium as you say. The thing about AMD is that they are built with a higher bus speed so they will seem faster in certain applications but pentium is still the better processor for multipurposes, when you buy an AMD processor, you cannot really be as diverse in the kind of programs you use as they will start moving sluggish.
    Pentium processors are good because they are really powerful processors, Pentium processors can be used in all different kind of areas. If you dont believe me, compare somebody useing a pentium 1 ghz processor to somebody using a amd 1 ghz processor.. even now wen 1 ghz is basiclaly obsolete, the pentium processor will be able to run the newer high end programs that are coming out. with amd if u dont upgrade it, then dont expect much from it in the long run.
    [/quote]Excellent point Skillachi, the Pentium is a more rounded chip, suitable for all types of program codes. ohh the Pentium also MultiTasks better than the Athlon.

Ohh come on! Intel better then AMD, NO NO NO! NO WAY! Guys go and Research.

You should go and research to ultratechie and dont read test. use physical evidence. i have the physical evidence to support my claims.

Skillachi

Please read and educate yourself

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=914

I will say no more to you, you are a waste of my time.
    And i watch Tech TV too. When you gain wisdow let me know!

Skillachi & UltraTechie, c'mon guys, take it down a notch or two. Let's not get too heated We already have problems worrying about US vs Iraq to start worrying about silicon terrorism here ;D

Seriously though, everybody will have their processor preferences, some AMD, some Intel and some Motorola/Mac (does Motorola still make processors for the Macs ?). We need to appreciate each other's preferences and not take these differences too personal

I'll close by reminding us of the closing words of Kacey, the guy who unintentionally started this silicon war - Peace 8)

I love it when people get passionate about technology- the research > the claims > the counter claims > the flames. ;D

[quote author=DarkAngel link=board=3;threadid=296;start=15#msg3257 date=1045188347]
    I love it when people get passionate about technology- the research > the claims > the counter claims > the flames. ;D
    [/quote]

Yeah I agree, I also like it when people get passionate about technology, as long as the flames don't burn down the place ;D

Skillachi does have a point. The AMD processor isn't as well rounded as the Intel Pentium processor.

But the AMD is more efficient. Love or hate it, the AMD has a more efficient design, hence better throughput at the same speed.

But I still wouldn't buy one. : I'm not particularly fond of downloading AMD patches. Heck no. Spank you very much.