Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: File sharing...

Default Re:File sharing...

People, the usefullness of a P2P app. is directly proportional to it's popularity. It doesn't matter how many new and exciting features that an app. provides, once it doens't have a large enough user base, the features go in vain.

Kazaa and WinMX has the largest user base of all the current P2P (if I'm wrong, don't eat my head off, but this was the case a few months ago) applications out there.

I've never even heard of soul seeker much less to use it. So that's approx. 500 less mp3s they have to offer.

See my point?

Posted by: CKnight Posted on: December 06, 2002, 09:38:38 AM
    People, the usefullness of a P2P app. is directly proportional to it's popularity. It doesn't matter how many new and exciting features that an app. provides, once it doens't have a large enough user base, the features go in vain.

Kazaa and WinMX has the largest user base of all the current P2P (if I'm wrong, don't eat my head off, but this was the case a few months ago) applications out there.

I've never even heard of soul seeker much less to use it. So that's approx. 500 less mp3s they have to offer.

See my point?
    U my friend need to talk soul seek for a test drive and errr one else up in herrre. Have u ever tried audiogalaxy and wondered how the hell them get those hard to get song or unreleased songs especially dancehall / reggae / caribbean music:?. Well my friend, the majority of those peeps are in soul seek too. There is only two places on the net that you and find these hard to find files, and that's in soul seek and in IRC. There is a group called Reggaegalaxy! which can be found on IRC also, on average the daily user participation in the morning I should say is at least 80 sometimes 115 or even more. That might seen little, but trust mi some peeps in dae all have 40 thousand+ mp3's plus my 8 thousand+ mp3's not to including my 40gigs+ of data. It's not only that group, there are many more and still growing. Trust mi, it is worth taking for a test drive.

[quote author=Ropy link=board=5;threadid=294;start=0#2394 date=1039817450]
    There is a group called Reggaegalaxy! which can be found on IRC also, on average the daily user participation in the morning I should say is at least 80 sometimes 115 or even more.[/quote]

Which IRC server is this channel in?

!Reggaegalaxy! can be found on the EFnet server or Prison for shortcut. U'll need a password, it's not my server so I can't give it out. But there is still hope, just go to www.slsk.org and download this program. This is the program that I use when i'm not on IRC, !Reggaegalaxy is here also. So u'll find almost errr thing here cause members of the IRC channel use this also and put there music for share here too. Just join the !Reggaegalaxy, and ask questions if u don't know where to find what u looking for. And remember to share, cause there are some peeps like myself who don't share with those who don't share.