Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File sharing...

Default File sharing...

I hearing peeps still talking bout kazaa, man let me tell u this. Kazaa is not he best again... Audiogalaxy was good for reggae, well don't thing it's hard to find cause it ain't. Soul Seek is ur number 2 stop for reggae/dancehall altough other files can be found here, reggae is the most popular. The number 1 is IRC. Not only can dancehall music be found here but practically anything, this makes kazaa look like baby. Other good programs are emule and edonkey they too are great. So if u feddup of kazaa or can't find what u want there, check out the programs i just tell u bout. A good IRC client or should i say the best is Invision. I anyone need help using invision or mirc or soul seek, gimme a buzz cause i got some tutorialz. And besides, all the novices/rookie to file sharing know but kazaa (fast track technology). The says something my firends. Kazaa like computers nowa days is a target for virus and all sort of malicious activities...

Default Re:File sharing...

If you think kazza was bad wait till you see some of the mal wares that you will be downloading from irc....
    IRC is considered the badlands in computing so whatch closely what/who you dccallow cause you might be in for a suprise...

That's tru, but if u understand how dcc send and other sending methods function. U sould be safe. It's just like email, don't accept send (file) that you didn't request and peeps u don't know. But is u don't like that IRC thing u can still check out Soul Seek and eMule, Emule takes a little more to understand. But worth it.

It's incorrect to compare Kazaa and IRC. They are two different technologies.

Kazaa is P2P. It's main purpose is file sharing and it does it better than IRC ever had and ever will.

IRC wasn't meant for file sharing. That's why you can't search for a file and get 200 results the way you do in Kazaa. Unless of course, someone created an elaborate script that would scan the file repository of everyone on every channel running an fserver and compile a complete database of the files available (hmmmmm). Since that hasn't been done however, you are left with the task of hopping from channel to channel, server to server, trying to find the file you want.

Kazaa and other P2P technologies make file sharing easy. It has features that IRC iwll never have because it doesn's suit it's purpose. Things like searching (obviously), super nodes (my personal favorite), file ranking etc.

It's a better file saring tool than anything else, that's why it was developed.

For once I agree with this dude - IRC was not made for file sharing, Kazza is more user friendly/fool proof - i use irc but i also sometime cant bother with hopping from channel to channel in search of a file... :-X

I did not only mension IRC, but soul seek and emule. IRC may not have some or many of the features that kazaa has. But did u know that IRC is considered to be the underground section of the internet. Think about it. As I said there are many P2P programs that are better than kazaa. That's my openion, you all can check out www.zeropaid.com for loads P2P of programs for Linux/Mac/PC, and check out the user feedback. Just check out the site and u might find something that'll make u switch....

Thanks Ropy

Kacey.

Short post short:

Linux:
    My preference is Qtella because it doesn't use Java which is too hard to configure.

Windows:
    WinMX, once the fastest file sharer for Napster and OpenNAP, but can still probably find a movie with Bill Clinton?(I use it to get my virtual SNES cartridges ;D and I sometimes drop into a chatroom next button - have spoken to an anime addict in China and a bi in Australia who knows Jamaica better than I do)
    And if you want Gnutella in Windows, I don't know, but I am trying Shareaza.

Sharezza is good but, it have some problems. Why not check out Soul Seek it can be found at www.slsk.org. the one on the front / Index page is windows only. But if you check the forum u'll find a linux and a mac version and instructions. This program is very good, this is my favorite of all the P2P softwares. What's good about it is that it has room. There are rooms for different topics and things to talk bout, and what makes it great again is that u can see the bandwith and amount of files other have and if you search and can't find what u looking for. Just ask the peeps in the room(s) u join. Some peeps only share with those on their list. But if u ask to join, chances are they will let you. One thing, just make sure u share cause like me there are many in there that don't tollerate that.

http://www.gnutella.com/connect/ - all built on the same technology - take your pick 8)