Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Need for Speed Exhales Carbon

hey the game is not a juice clone...more of a rip off...

in most of the races (excluding canyon duels, turf defense and race wars i think) a member of your crew drives with you.... the difference between carbon & juiced is that in juiced you controlled your crew's driving strategy but in carbon you do not...

for instance, if your'e driving with your scout, she's gonna be active throughout the race trying to find shortcuts for you and telling you where to drive, giving you info of how close opponents are to you...etc, unless you tell the scout to stop scouting...

the blocker is the baddest thing! if someone is giving you are hard time, your blocker can take that person out....when u tell him to.. mad!

next thing, juiced was lame in my opinion but this carbon game is mad.... but it seems like the police chases, bounty etc are not integrated into progression requirements...

there is so much more but i won;t give it all away
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Maybe your .exe is on crack
    That's not the problem, I think. I have Battlefield 2142 coming so I should be good... I'll try to keep it off crack.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Yes yute.... keep the nose clean!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Or maybe he's just way over the system requirements .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    I'm going to reinstall that game...set up back my trusty evo (might take time with school work) and PM you my stats and then you post. I'm not 100% sure that my 0-60 is faster than yours.....but the top speed was 238MPH. Yes top speed isn't everything but I'm sure I could shave a lil off my acceleration.

And why stress on the fact that a smaller car can beat a heavier car? That's like saying Bush can say something intelligent. It can happen. no law against it. But what happens 99.99% of times?? Exactly! So your point is invalid.

And cars aren't the only thing brought into question here. The driver has more to do with it than the car himself. As Nester said... go watch some top gear vids. They're tons on youtube (yes nester...get your roll on -_-). by the way Nester, I heard hammond was in an accident so the show is on hold for awhile. Maybe some legal crap. Did you know that the first stig died? I thought they were kidding till I saw the vid and the subsequent one.

No he was testing a car/drag racer/monster thing called the "Vampire" at 300+ MPH and it bit him.
    Flipped and dragged him head first in mud for yards. Massive head trauma.
    Bastard was in coma in ICU, and the guys went to visit him and they started the usual teasing and he woke up and said "hey u ****heads", and has been steadily improving.

The show is on halt till he recovers fully, since the show itself is filmed live. Even though the segments are pretaped.

BBC is fully supportive, and are willing to wait as long as it takes..

HAMMOND RULEZ.....

Stig 1 died ??
    Damn!!, I remember this ep when he went to pay for some stuff in a store, and pulled out a credit card labeled :

THE STIG
    BANK OF MONEY.

I was ROTFL for hours.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

I hate the cartoony rendering engine so much...

I figured out how to turn it off, those n00bs at EA need to document their **** properly.

Cars look crisp like U2 now, with only game world rendered cartoony.

I can start playing the game now.

btw. Nester-san's exhaustive research has determined NVIDIA cards suck azz in this game..

"The news isn't so good on NVIDIA's side of the coin - ...... More pressingly however, they need to fix whatever performance issue is holding back the other NVIDIA boards used in our test - Although it may be understandable for them to trail ATI's parts which sport a large number of shader units, there's no way they should be as far behind as they are right now. Hopefully, NVIDIA will have released an updated driver by the time this game ships which fixes these performance issues and makes the game far more playable for user of their GeForce 7 series boards..."

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/ind...1&limitstart=3

EA...you bastards, fix ur game...
    Last edited by Nestersan; Nov 15, 2006 at 07:28 PM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

I know nobody cares right about now cause i too have stopped playing the demo (whats the point anyways). Jus letting u know i lowered my time a couple weeks ago to 1:30.42 trying to beat a time to 1:30.12 posted on gamespot's forum.

Waiting to get the full game soon. I want the real thing so i can race online.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!