Thread: Windows->Unix Serial Communication

Default Windows->Unix Serial Communication

I'm trying to get SCO Unix to communicate with a Windows 2003 Server via a RS232 serial cable. The software on the unix machine uses the wire link to communicate with Windows machine. There's a software on the windows server used to test the wire link but I keep getting a "hardware framing error". This normally suggests that the baud rates at the TX and RX are different, but they are indeed the same.

In trying to troubleshoot I would like to test if the windows machine is actually sending the correct info and also test if the unix machine is receiving correctly independent of the wire link. How would I go about doing this? The unix machine is receiving on COM2 (/dev/tty2a) and the windows is sending on COM6.
    OS X/Ubuntu

try setting it to a low baud and disable flow control

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr
    try setting it to a low baud and disable flow control
    software flow control is already disabled and the baud rate is set to 9600. I think that is pretty low but I'll lower it further just to test.
    OS X/Ubuntu

Still no luck with this. Any SCO experts available for a site visit? Knowledge of motorola wirelink protocol would be helpful. Send a
    PM or call 543-7884