Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C&WJ launches e-Directory

Default Re: C&WJ launches e-Directory

[quote author=Ropy link=board=1;threadid=2892;start=15#msg27228 date=1075477481]
    The previous directory sucked compared to this one. It was a pain navigating, not to mention getting the desired result(s).
    [/quote]

Agreed. I notice the background colours on the page appear different depending on the browser. On Mozilla I got Highlighted Text Background as white, Regular Text Background as blue, while on IE it was the other way around.

Do any of the alphabet links on the right in the white pages, take you to the correct place? Everytime I click a letter link, it misses the beginning where the names with that letter start, by 20 - 30 pages.

Did they actually test this thing out before publishing it?

I mean, every major company test thier site before releasing it to the public....don't they?? :-\

LOL, U remember when C&W just switched to digital? They had the nokia 5125, it was new back then, back then snake was the king of mobile gaming. Anyways in those days it was difficult to send out a call let alone recieve a call. What I am trying to say is that it shouldnt come as any surprise, its C&W at its best. Dumb, unreliable, expensive and the list goes on.

No surprise that this site was not properly tested. Funny they had a big press conference and launch for summen they didnt properly test. Imagine what other service(s) they issue to the public without proper testing...........

They're using a solution from http://ypsolutions.com called PageBoss. Interesting.

Shock at e-directory. C&W actually has ads for most of its biggest competitors including Digicel and InfoChannel!?!?

Shocked Indeed!!!

Why didn't I see Gotel's listing or C&W only list its own customers?

[quote author=Boo link=board=1;threadid=2892;start=15#msg27252 date=1075505092]
    Shock at e-directory. C&W actually has ads for most of its biggest competitors including Digicel and InfoChannel!?!?

Shocked Indeed!!!
    [/quote]

Why be shocked? Don't they advertise in the printed version?

[quote author=Boo link=board=1;threadid=2892;start=15#msg27252 date=1075505092]
    Why didn't I see Gotel's listing or C&W only list its own customers?
    [/quote]

Each company will only know the numbers of their subscribers.... why would they want to list their competitors subscribers?

[quote author=Collin link=board=1;threadid=2892;start=15#msg27259 date=1075508385]
    Each company will only know the numbers of their subscribers.... why would they want to list their competitors subscribers?
    [/quote]

Why would they advertise their competitors products even if those competitors use Landline from C&W? Image one page in C&W directory, I'm seeing C&W GSM phone, turn page and Digicel giving three golden reasons and final page from Oceanic Digital saying "Who's the clearest of them all".

igodit Guest

They don't have much of a choice but to allow them to advertise in the directory. It's an open book.