Thread: whats the java attraction-i dont see it!

Default whats the java attraction-i dont see it!

Is there really an advantage to using java/jsp/servlets for web applications vs say python or php. I did not get that feeling when I tried an application system today. The system is (ZK:http://zk1.sourceforge.net/) it is java combined with the power of AJAX. It runs on couple of java servers (tomcat was the one I recognized. I have a mandate to rebuild the company I work for website and I figured with AJAX on the rise I should use it combined with a strong language(I came across ZK ) .The demos had me convinced this was the way to go, that was untile i tried it.
    A: the web.xml just to say hello word was just ridiculously long.
    B: I presume that an application that actually did more than just say hello was incredible time consuming to manage. How much time would one get to foucus on the matter at hand if one had to be modifjying such a dizy looking file(web.xml)

Can anyone say where is the advantage for a web developer (what should attract me to use java for web application?).

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial_Intelligence
    Can anyone say where is the advantage for a web developer (what should attract me to use java for web application?).
    Well, nothing. They are both able to do whatever you want them to do. Some may be more efficient than others, but that is marginal. Also, Java and AJAX are customizable to be able to look like normal stand-alone application. Also, I guess Java would be more powerful since it's backing is alo more powerful.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us