Thread: XBox Linux Project

Default XBox Linux Project

The Xbox Linux Project aims to provide a version of GNU/Linux for the Xbox, so that it can be used as an ordinary computer. Linux should make use of all Xbox hardware and allow to install and run software from standard i386 Linux distributions.

An Xbox running Linux is very useful as a desktop computer, as a (web) server or as a node in a Linux cluster.

http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/

Purchased my console from bestbuy.com to carry out tests of my own as soon as I have some results I will post them here....

Power to the X ....... Sony where you at????

Default Re:XBox Linux Project

[quote author=Tech_Guru link=board=11;threadid=282;start=0#1996 date=1038324028]
    Purchased my console from bestbuy.com to carry out tests of my own as soon as I have some results I will post them here....
    [/quote]

Yeah right I'm sure those hours of playing games over the coming holiday season will be considered as "testing" ;D

[quote author=Tech_Guru link=board=11;threadid=282;start=0#1996 date=1038324028]
    Power to the X ....... Sony where you at????
    [/quote]

Actually, Sony has one up on the Xbox. The XBox Linux project is a third party endevour, however Sony has released "official" Linux tools which run on your playstaion.

http://playstation2-linux.com/

The Penguin in a XBOX , All hell pap loose.

Kacey
    JaLUG

in the fight over cheap high end computers there is no power greater than X

think about it will be the cheapest high end machine wid a p3 hardriver and kick *** graphics card

in the fight over cheap high end computers there is no power greater than X

think about it will be the cheapest high end machine wid a p3 hardriver and kick a** graphics card
    I thought there would be nobody in the world who would agree wid me. The Xbox is just a computer that comes with audio/video plugs to put into the tv, its nothing more. Y by a xbox wen i can own a pc

I heard the linux can be installed via. a glitch in one of the James Bond games... I don't remember which it is....