Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 hardware slow and broken

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan
    PS2 launch was $299!

did u wait for price drop ?
    OF COURSE!!

I didn't buy my PS2 till it reach US$199. And then a couple months after that i nearly bawl when it reach US$149.99 + Broadband Adapter + Off Road Racing Game.

I STAND FIRM IN MY DECISION - NOTHING OVER US$200

PS
    I know tax took it over the US$200 mark but I'm talking bout the b4 tax price
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Notorios
    they better get s**t together, cuz boy i been waiting and been bunnin 360 for so long. sony need fi fix up dem console.
    I told my dad to put ma PS3 money aside from now RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

Quote Originally Posted by MhadbwoY
    I told my dad to put ma PS3 money aside from now RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    Lucky you - your father still finances stuff for you...in time my son...in time.
    the lesson afterwards

Talking

LOL......i guess i shud be scared???

I joke.... i know what is waiting for me out there..... RESPONSIBILITES!!

dass why i enjoying my youth....am i doing anythign wrong?
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

Let me tell you 1 thing that you've heard a GAZILLION TIMES
    "Do what your parents say - trust me!!"
    the lesson afterwards

yall r sooo pathetic

y did u think sony put of its ps3? cause it had probs their fixing it duhhhh lol
    keep your faith people they will fix it

also the 360 cpu is better right now with 1mb cache vs 512kb (ps3)
    it also has less pipes to program for making it a bit easier
    but later on it when multi core is utilized properly it could be difrent

but realy sony is trying to fix the ps3 if they havent already and are just putting them into production

keep ur faith in sony they will make a good console as usual in fact they already have

the 360 will produce better image quality i know for a fact tho but the ps3 will dish out frame rates but lack musle
    speed is sonys tactic but they not gonna do so great with AA n cant do AA and hdr like the 360
    Last edited by cloud9ja; Jun 9, 2006 at 01:51 PM.

Default More problems beset the PS3

LOOKS LIKE THE PS3 is getting to be a better 'value' every day according to Sony's slightly reality-tangential maths.
    Rumours heard by the site Kotaku back up several of the things whispered in our ears over the past month or three and add a few more.

We were told that the PS3 components were way too large to fit into the case, and the fact that there are no betas, and serious talk of an external PSU don't do much to harm the faith I had in my source. As a note to the twits who still insist that they saw a 'working PS3' at E3, you were taken for a ride, get over it. Next time, learn the basics of conning the stupid, and look for them. Either way, I get this sneaking suspicion that we may see a PS3 case 'upgrade' before the ship date.

Then they go on to say the clocks may be reduced to 2.8GHz. Gosh, who would have ever thought that would happen? Yep, 'horrible' yields mean high defectivity or low specs, and it looks like the low specs are rearing their ugly heads. 2.8 with 7 SPEs it is, for now anyway. Ugly part II.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32343
    404 error: Signature Not Found

Default More PS3 Downgrades On The Way?

He's back. The connected PS3-party wet blanket who brought us covert info on the PlayStation 3 has dug up some dirt from a phantom insider who claims the PS3 may see even more downgraded specs. From lower clock speeds to an external power brick to who-knows-what-else, one thing we know for certain is that we sure as hell won't be getting what was promised at E3 2005.

More dirty insider talk after the jump.

Red says: got any interesting news?
    Phantom Insider says: sure

Red says: then let's start it up

Phantom Insider says: Fully functional PS3 betas still do not exist

Red says: hmm

Phantom Insider says: Despite that we have seen a number of downgrades

Red says: clock speed?

Red says: remember it was going to be 3.5 ghz?

Phantom Insider says: And now we have been told that the powersource might be an external 400 watt unit after all
    Phantom Insider says: instead of internal as promised

Red says: interesting

Phantom Insider says: The current designs despite having vents all over the place apparently still cant dissipate the heat to sufficient levels

Phantom Insider says: And yields on 3.2 Gigaherz CELL processors are too low

Red says: they can't produce them in mass supply still?

Phantom Insider says: so the final release might run only at 2.8 gigaherz
    http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/mo...way-179863.php
    404 error: Signature Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    Let me tell you 1 thing that you've heard a GAZILLION TIMES
    "Do what your parents say - trust me!!"
    Sir yes Sir.....i always do thats why i get what i want

So if i dont, what will happen?

Looks like Sony better go back to the drawing board and stop patching this failure of a PS3. They should just accept defeat this time and come with something better. Their console have always been reliable and well designed. I doubt they would want to lose that reputation.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us