Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming begginer

Default Programming begginer

I ave just started programming in C and I need to master it very quickdly, and don't tell me that it can't be done. Tell me the recommended text whether they be free or I have to purchase them. I have always posted in the Linux forums but now I am taking a break from the OS evironment and now to the programming aspects of the Information Technology environment.

Default Re:Programming begginer

I highly recommend:

C How To Program by Deitel & Deitel 3rd Edition (there's probably a 4th as of this writing).

The Deitel and Deitel book is the VERY best there is right now. You do NOT need to supplement your knowledge with any other book. Trust me 8)

Feel free to post any programming related questions here. I would be most happy to assist.

"master" is a pretty ambitious word. have you ever coded before? It doesn't matter still any C++ coding book at your local book store can teach you to code, but you'll need to practice.

Guys I am having a problem. I just got an assignment to write a puzzle generator, but I don't know where to start. Can anyone give me some pointers.

You're gonna need to be a whole lot more specific than that ma boy. I'm assuming that you're gonna write this in C/C++ yeah? Plz give us the full details of the assignment.

If all you're trying to do is to create a Grid then that's easy. You do know that's easy right?

The console screen is 80 columns wide by 25 lines down. That means you can fill the entire screen (if you want to) with gridded lines. Decide how large a grid you want and get back to me. I'll show you code that can do that.

i used the C how to program by Deitel & deitel to learn C , its a great book. i have decided then when i want an IT book i look if deitel and deitel has one.

Ok, im a novice to any kind of programming, but i want to learn how to code and write programs, is there any online tutorials offered free, if so post the link, or if anyone here can assist me i would very much appreciate it, thanks in advance.

[quote author=doors link=board=19;threadid=2794;start=0#msg26470 date=1074112059]
    I ave just started programming in C and I need to master it very quickdly, and don't tell me that it can't be done. Tell me the recommended text whether they be free or I have to purchase them. I have always posted in the Linux forums but now I am taking a break from the OS evironment and now to the programming aspects of the Information Technology environment.
    [/quote]

[quote author=fred_what2002 link=board=19;threadid=2794;start=0#msg38858 date=1085705250]
    Ok, im a novice to any kind of programming, but i want to learn how to code and write programs, is there any online tutorials offered free, if so post the link, or if anyone here can assist me i would very much appreciate it, thanks in advance.
    [/quote]

Well look no further, I would definately recommend the classic (it's only 274 pages):

Here are the Answers to Exercises in the book

You may also want to take a look at Programming in C: A Tutorial by Brian W. Kernighan

Here are some other Recomended C Programming Books

I learnt c in 2 weeks if that helps, and c++ in a similar time frame.