Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daemon Tools Syndrome

Default The Daemon Tools Syndrome

yah i know i havent contributed anything much here in a while but anyway..

Im sure by now we all know what daemon tools is.

daemon tools is a disk drive emulkator for windows meaning that it tricks .iso images and other image files into to being seeing as a logical drive for windos.

Uses. mainly for games

anyway --jus a precaution as much as this app is sweet to use it has a flaw which i have experienced recntly

---This app was installed on a pc at work right being that coworker of mine loved fifa to hell hence th einstallation lol:d

but after 3 months it seems as if the daemon tools app got uninstalled and left the drivers in the sys32 folder.

well guess what happen

windows stops booting reason being it finds the drivers but cant find the appropriate software to initialize the drivers--

and hence the outcome it wont boot to the desktop lol

BFSOD( all windows based user should know what that means)

now im asking u this how do u fix the problem here

will check bak in a week

i have resolved th eproblem by th eway

jus wanna see if you so call JEEKS( jamaican geeks lol)

know your stuff
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Google for the answer.. duhhh

hmmmm dude did u read what i had asked for boss

i see that becoming an ultimate techie is jus a matter of post counts hmmm

ju smessinf wid yah dude
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

First you check if it can boot into safemode, if yes, reinstall daemon tools. You know most of us would find a solution after a couple efforts. Doesn't sound like a tricky problem to me.

Last time i checked you couldn't install stuff in Safe Mode

And yes it is jus a matter of post count

I guess if you dont have acess to another pc to google the answer, you can pull a windows recovery or go in the registry and remove all traces of daemon tools while in safe mode

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Last time i checked you couldn't install stuff in Safe Mode
    I think only most drivers dont work, 3d, modem , etc.

You have access to the registry and System Restore. Try to uninstall deamon. If that fails, then delete the HKLM\Software\YadaYada\deamon use the reg edit search tool and look for all the deamon files, and sensible delete the relevant entries

And oh ya, copy the demnon apllication back to system32 folder, but I really do not see why that would be correct
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

well i would say you could use msconfig and/or sysedit to control the drivers loaded at boot... wait wont work...daemon doesnt show up configs.
    Well you could go the long route and search and delete the files and entries left behind, like crosswire said... there's another way tho.. will be back...
    Everything can be learnt, simply by not speaking...

ahhhhhhhhhh little grasshoppers u have yet to solve the problem hmmmm lemmeknow when you all give up

ahhhhhhhhhh little grasshoppers u have yet to solve the problem
    Well, format the pc and start from scratch, that should solve all ur problems...

Format never failed me..

boot in safe mode and do a search for stpd.sys and delete it..

of course after that, u will need to reinstall daemon or jus forget it alltogether, im now using alcohol for all my virtual drive needs..

and, yes the BSOD has happened to both my laptop and my desktop and as i removed daemon and that .sys the comps dem free up and start work properly..

i dont know whats the cause, because is like daemon would work for a while then all of a sudden BAM.. BSOD inna u face..

and i must admit i didnt read all of the first post -_- so if i am talking something that has nothing to do with topic being discussed then please jus disreguard my posts.. -_- lol
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 20, 2006 at 03:06 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts