Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 FIFA World Cup

My world just came to an end......temporarily....lol. My controller fell and died on the spot. CPR proved futile. He will be missed....but a replacment is on the way....lol. Ordered a 12 button dual anologue with vibration off ebay. Maybe that's why he commited suicide . Ah well....no more games for about a week or so...bummer. Maybe I'll read now.

I finally tried World Class.....wow. Man....I tell ya. Bring a whole new dimension to the game. I wonder if when you beat on World Class...you get perfect....or you have to beat it will all zones on World Class....or even worse.....every team on World Class first....aye caramba!!!!

I really appreciate my draws now....worse when I score a late equaliser....or even better...the late winner...and start defend like hell...with one stiker upfront ready and waiting for throughball on the counter attack.

*sighs*.....approximately 10 days w/o world cup........*sighs*..days bleaky now Oh well...on to X-men I guess

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

R.I.P. Dear gamepad, although I know nothing about it, I'm sure it was a good one...Anyways back to FIFA. Brejin, You have to unlock/buy perfect mode with the points you have. And what you mean by World class hard. No sah, and I play with the keyboard straight. World Class easy man. You have to try harder.
    ®©THE LONE CRUSADER®©

Thats why you should use imageshack to host :P And if Im gonna get a controller i'd go with the ps2's controller BEst controller in the world IMO. Also of course with the ps2 to usb converter.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

World Class not easy. Well... my problem is finishing still. I haven't really found a sure way of scoring. I take like 15-20 shots per game. Score 1-2. Keeper saves the rest. Need to find a way to slot is past him. I'm better at scoring aerials....and when I do break away and score on the keepers...they always touch the ball. Once I get that down, I'll be unstoppable. I defend pretty well.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Smile

There are some good things about 2006 Fifa World Cup:

1. There is a fast-paced gameplay.

2. Excellent commentary and soundtrack.

3. There is an excellent FIFA lounge mode that was absent from last year's PC game.

4. There is a chance to guide your favorite international team through the World Cup competition.

5. There is a good prematch commentary replete with World Cup trivia and anecdotes. Also as your players line up on the pitch before kickoff, I feel both excited and nervous at the same time--exactly as one expects to before a real match.
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    World Class not easy. Well... my problem is finishing still. I haven't really found a sure way of scoring. I take like 15-20 shots per game. Score 1-2. Keeper saves the rest. Need to find a way to slot is past him. I'm better at scoring aerials....and when I do break away and score on the keepers...they always touch the ball. Once I get that down, I'll be unstoppable. I defend pretty well.
    If you defend well thats good, but to score on the keeper you have to trick him, like run in a direction and get one on one with him, them put the shot in a another direction. You can also pass it to another forward after the keeper is out of the goal. Its fun when they blunder like that.
    ®©THE LONE CRUSADER®©

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican_diva
    There are some good things about 2006 Fifa World Cup:

1. There is a fast-paced gameplay.

2. Excellent commentary and soundtrack.

3. There is an excellent FIFA lounge mode that was absent from last year's PC game.

4. There is a chance to guide your favorite international team through the World Cup competition.

5. There is a good prematch commentary replete with World Cup trivia and anecdotes. Also as your players line up on the pitch before kickoff, I feel both excited and nervous at the same time--exactly as one expects to before a real match.
    I especially love the build up before the finals. When the there is silence...then you hear the drums...and crowd swells...then more drums...then flashes of the finals....mad.....mad....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! !!!

Smile

There are many features that FIFA World Cup offers:

1. There is a multi-player mode --> One can play as your favourite national teams in up to eight-way multiplayer sessions with friends from qualifiers to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Final.

2. There is advanced shooting mechanics ---> there is a player shooting ability, pressure from defenders and distance from goal all contribute to the success of the shot, just like in real life.

3. One can play with their heroes ---> The world’s superstars look and play like their real life counterparts. Player attributes like ball skills and playing style have been uniquely re-created for each player to mirror real life.
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

Smile

Any screen shots of the Jamaican team??
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva