Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Com Error & Asp.net

keroed1 Guest

I am sorry it hink i phrased my question kinda wierd i was asking if there is any way to export my data from dataset to excel. do u an example codeor link that u could prob sendme to that shows me a example as to how to do this?

Try fatta's method. I do not really know
    http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=15
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Try using

Worksheet.DataMember
    .ConnectionString
    .CommandText

and some others stated in the properties of WorkSheet object in OWCVBA10.CHM
    %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Components\10\1033 folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3B319793

This does not use the DataSet in .Net

Just a suggestion. I have not tested

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1
    or question crosswire wat do uthink is the best way for me to export a datset after it has been filled to excel???
    Quote Originally Posted by keroed1
    I am sorry it hink i phrased my question kinda wierd i was asking if there is any way to export my data from dataset to excel. do u an example codeor link that u could prob sendme to that shows me a example as to how to do this?
    If it is "after being filled to excel", I do not see anything apart from the Export function.

If not try the ado recordset as before. Agian not sure both the whole code

your problem is the export. what you need to look for is the save method.

an export method will always say : save the file in some format other that the one native to the application - hence xml or html

a save method says : save the data in the format understood by the application.

other than that you need to know that xml support in excel files is as of Office 2003, therefore any previous versions will not read an xml formatted xls file. make sure you save the file in the normal (pre-2003) format or that the client machine has office 2003 installed.

kenny i wont write the code for you, cause i know this is work. hope that helps anyway.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

keroed1 Guest

From The Research I Have Been Doing, The Solution I Seem To Be Getting I Guess Is That I Need To Rebuild The Project Using A Refernce For Ms Office 200 And That Will Make It Ocmpatible With Any Older Version Of Ms Office

Default office 2000 reference

that might just work, but i still think you should go for save and not export.
    is it working now?
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

keroed1 Guest

when i uninstalled 2003 and installed 2000 and ran the program i got an error because owc10 was missing and i realise that owc10 is used with 2003 or MS-OFFICE up,..........................would the save work jus like the export? where i would xlSheet.save()? instead of xlSheet.export()
    ???
    or hmm i goign to try search on thenet for how to do save instead of export or u have any qucik links in memory i could look on,

but basically now itnot working because it needed to have owc10 installed on themachine

keroed1 Guest

@icymint3 u ever get this kinda error igetting this now

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CallAccounting\web.config' is denied.

Source Error: