Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers' Association of Jamaica

Default Re:Gamers' Association of Jamaica

Sounds good SY,

You should renew your efforts. Come out of retirement and Join Godkid, Nostradamus and the other Jamaicans to make the GAJ a big success.

These guys have the spirit, you have the contacts.

We have already made leaps and bounds in Trinidad.

The door is open, let us walk through it together.

Soon the other islands will follow our lead. Caribbean Gamers.

I never make promises except one and that is to do my best, so look forward to hearing from me,it seems I have work to do.If only those lazy *** game companies thought of the real gamers instead of profits.When will they realize that real gamers will wait on one good title than play a constant foray of crap. Plus I plan to show these guys why we jamaicans are considered natural *** kickers! If the other guys want to they can tell me what they hope to do. See you on the battle ground. Before I forget, the rules and regulations of your organization would be appreciated,lets just say I've encountered teams that are forced to play. I have made aware my intentions to some of my fellow gamers and they are in agreement that this would somehow give the players more control over their actions than international bodies. I would like to review criteria so if Godkid & Nostrodamus are ultimately serious they should post. Work fast,work hard,so we can all play hard.

Good stuff.

It has been our experience that having gamers at the helm of our association fostered an environment conducive to gamers.

That has been responsible for our success in Trinidad.

This is precisely why I am so excited about the Jamaican association because I see before me, gamers...first and foremost.

Not businessmen or political power players.

Bureaucracy has it's place....but not at the front line. Emphasis on having a good time and doing what's fun should take precedence.

Passion for Playing. It has given us the endurance to keep this scene going on our island for 5 years strong. Where many have faultered, we have persevered. Now it extends to Jamaica and the Caribbean.

Fear not, Nostradamus, Godkid and the rest of their squad is gonna do this. I can just feel it.

The world ain't ready! WAR!!!!!

Well said. Time wasted is irrevocable (where have I heard that before). Nonetheless, time is wasting away, how long before we take our rightful place as a world gaming super power. Dare I dream to see a united Caribbean team for competition against the odds. Kinda like west indies and local cricket all separate until fate drives us into unity as one unstoppable team. We answer the call Trinidad, Jamaicans, draw arms and onward to Mordor!!(....or wherever).

Yup yup yup..

We on the case...

Sy? I tried contacting Atari re distribution in Ja. cause we only have SCARCE game centers... didn't get a response, but anywho... how do your peeps feel about this?

Nas n I working the organization end, and Ropy n I working the web part... hopefully the link up with GATT in a couple weeks will be the first showing of a true/official GAJ ;D

Well I just got an e-mail from one of my guys, this morning and it seems neccessary for us to hold a meeting with regards to how close our goals and that of the newly spoken GAJ exist. Basically what we want to do is to create an international team that will represent jamaica and give us international standings, also to broaden the knowledge of hardcore and competition gaming as a feasable event. Holding annual tournaments, with official teams persons would have to audition to join, after which they would be given team gears,required to complete drills, advanced techniques and strategies, club meetings,dues, competitions, fun raisers, the works, and i am dead serious about it. I am also thinking of compiling a book on the subject. If you guys dont see my views as logical then I wish you luck with yours but I am tired of seeing great talent go to waste because of lack of respect for my sport and the perception that gaming is a waste of time. My father is a coach for juniors in the Jamaica table tennis association, with his guidance I will hopefully follow the right steps to the legality of an organization. Contact me if neccessary at 310-2292. Let me know what you guys have done so far and what are your immediate goals. Te miro tarde.

Hold your horses Sy-Nova

I am beginning to dislike your tone.

Do not attempt to force the hand of these guys. Who do you think you are? Stay cool...the ball has already started rolling, Nos and Godkid are on the right track. Lend them your energy, don't threaten them with it.

Come off that high horse and RELAX. This is video games we are talking about here, not preventing a coup or saving the world from Hitler.

Do not be threatened by my tone, I mean no harm by it, after all this is just an opinion. However I dont want us to be too latent or we wont see you guys in competition anytime soon. Provided we have lots of work to do, we are nonetheless brothers and sportsmen under this banner. I apologize for sounding over zealous,I understand passion can be mistaken for arrogance. I have yet to hear from my fellow jamaicans though. I hope however to hear from and meet with them soon to hear their views, link their faces to their voices and begin an ovedue journey. I look forward to meeting you all, on the battlefield as brothers.

SY,

don't mistake our silence thus far as a lack of comtiment, it is instead the earnest effort to get things going right the first time.

too many times have I seen this kind of thing attempted and going nowhere. Instead of our posts.. check what has taken place in the last two weeks... there are now TWO committed GAJ servers UP AND RUNNING.... before Feb. there was none! (Anngel was running but it wasn't a GAJ effort, now it is joint)

Right now we are a group of friends who are serious about getting gaming a a practice and culture recognized, but we realize that there are obstacles and that we must be able to strategically overcome each and every one. One consideration as you've just become aware, was how do we work along with you.. it wouldn't make sense for me to send you e-mail saying.. "I saw your post and ummm... well good luck and hope we can work together" .. we MUST be more strategic than that if we hope to survive as the external factors facing us are much more stringent than in other places.

I will call you .. but just one thing... aint you in america? That number looks mighty J'can? ??? ;D

Yes it is Jamaican. I am in jamaica now. I've been in jamaica back and forth for the past two years. I work and study and raise tuition, if you calculate correctly my course costs almost two million jamaican. When in jamaica I study and submit course work online. I have sponsorship for the first year but I havta find the rest on my own. Thats were work comes in. I have all the time to do what is neccessary through the curriculum and the software provided. Its hard work but playing games is kinda like course work fortunately since we are ordered to play several games, debug, find what makes a game great, software types, mechanics, AI etc. I dont want to get too intense about school right now, its a headache. Call me whenever, I'll help if I can and support even if I cant. Making games, not as easy as some may think, criticizm is always prominent so its a job hazard at times. My internship is slated for japan square enix (if a cyan get di money) no biggy though, you can continue the course at anytime. Thats why I've been studying japanese, check the jap forum in off topic if you think of it as well, it will help you if you plan on doing the same thing.*its pretty much the language of technology*