Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers' Association of Jamaica

Default Gamers' Association of Jamaica

Tell me a bit about this Association ... location ... mission ... membership requirements etc.

Is this a loosely organised get-together grouping. Or is it a real association with rules and a constitution etc.?

Guerilla-13

Default Re:Gamers' Association of Jamaica

Greetings Guerilla-13,

Gamers Association of Jamaica (GAJ) is a real organisation. We are currently in the developmental stage and has several stages to complete before going entirely public. We currently have an pending executive team for the upcoming year and will hope to start the wider development as the year progresses.

Membership requirements have not been finalised, but I think I will take the liberty of saying that it is dependent on the role that you will play in the organisation.

GAJ will always accept interests as ideas and support is not something that can be too much.

Techjamaicans will be post as developments continue in the GAJ.

If you have additional interests, that is you want to become apart of this initial development process you may further contact myself or GodKid.

Thanks Much.

Nastrodamus.

This is sweet news.

Guys, I wish you all God speed...(no pun intended) in getting this together and launched.

We have just recently touched base with GodKid on this topic. It is exciting to see that you guys were ahead of us and already had the ball in motion in getting GAJ together.

This is great for gaming in the region. Caricom gamedom.

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand up and be shot down.

yeah i wish you'll god speed as well! and hey if you guys want a forum just for gaming an stuff, i'm sure we can set up one for you'll. we already even made a domain an stuff for you. gaj.carigamers.com , and gatt is gatt.carigamers.com . so instead of having all your stuff (previews, reviews, upcoming lans, etc) all in one categorie, you can have them over a number of categories, making it easy for users to see what they want and post in the right areas etc. we'll be glad to host it for you'll, and if you're thinking about your rank (admin,mod, etc) ,dont worry about it, we'll put you as the same rank on the forums, it will be all yours etc.

hey you'll have a banner yet? so we can put it up on gatt site or something, and perhaps make a caribbean gaming ring.

I'm currently in the process of putting some ideas toghter for our website. As for the logo and banner that's something me and GK are currently working on. Hopefull we can have atleast a banner out shortly.

Kick ***.

The caribbean coming into it's own in on the gaming scene.

Fellas, we have a call to arms in Ravenshield.

Two maps, Streets and Training Grounds

5 vs 5

In about 3 - 4 weeks. Plenty training time.

Will GAJ be able to answer that call?

There is a bit of information I would like to impart. I have been in touch with Sony entertainment, Microsoft, Nintendo and Dream works for the past year, organizing the Jamaica Electronic Gaming Organization. There was a tournament in Miami in 99. I am not sure many Jamaicans are familiar with international competitions but thats besides the point. There were three winners ShuNai of Japan, An american I cant remember his name,we havent been in touch since and myself. We were asked to join a team capcom has been preparing, supposedly gaming becoming the first electronic Olypmic sport, we hope. I have been out of competition for a while due to school. However it was mentioned that the Caribbean was to have a governing body located in Jamaica. I could get in contact with them for more info if u need it. There are things I unfortunately cant disclose but I see the opportunity to become our own gods of gaming, using these companies only as support. I get gear from some companies from time to time for international testing, and I think us jamaicans have a lot to offer to gaming at home and internationally. I can be contacted Synova_@hotmail.com. Ja maata ne

Sorry use this e-mail address paullovesvanessa@yahoo.com ( dont laugh my girlfriend insisted he he he ;D)

sounds good .. i'll drop u a line

I dont doubt that it could be pulled off, but you need several things for an official organization to be recognized.I only get to play games about 50 hours a week of late since I'm working. It only leaves time to work because I am off school currently and to eh hem eh hem,if u know what I mean. I have heard of this concept of sleep recently I have not much experience in it but I am practicing he he. I play a lot of RPG's and myself and other members of my group are creating a magazine and website so ya'll can give input. I unfortunately dont hang with people who dont take video games seriously, it is my sport just as others have football and I am proud to be called a hardcore gamer.Nuff Sed. Adios para ahora mi hermanos.Chau