Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia's Turbo Cache Question???

Question Nvidia's Turbo Cache Question???

I saw a Nvidia 6200 in somes stores and its quite cheap for like 6Gs but I noticed it had "Turbo Cache" written on it and was wondering what was that, I read on Nvidia's site that its some kinda cheap memory solution, but I couldnt help noticing that it seem to use the same concept an onboard video card, as it renders the graphics to the system memory.
    So does anyone have any experince with this turbo cache thing and how does it match up to the conventional memory solutions?
    Share your views!!!
    Last edited by crosses; May 12, 2006 at 02:40 AM.
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

while i cant comment directly on the technical matter involved(i probably could but wont in my tired state) i will say this, ifu see it out here in a store, cut ur eyes and walk home, log onto TJ and request a card, u will get a better card for that price, or if u want u can get that same card for cheaper...

oh btw, check wikipedia for info on turbocache

Thumbs up

Well am not really looking for a graphics card at the moment cuz i need to build a new system that wont waste my graphics hardware cuz right now I got a little Fx 5500 in it and my system is holding it back severely, all in due time though.
    More views please!
    AM OUT!!!

i think this card u can unlock more pipeline like a round 4 pipes
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

ok they have 4 pipes but how well they perform is relivant on your system

first thing if u dont have dual channel me forget it
    also if ur using ddr2 over 533 speeds ur good but make sure ui got lots of ram over 512 n this card could realy be worth it other wise dont buy 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9ja
    ok they have 4 pipes but how well they perform is relivant on your system

first thing if u dont have dual channel me forget it
    also if ur using ddr2 over 533 speeds ur good but make sure ui got lots of ram over 512 n this card could realy be worth it other wise dont buy 1
    I figured that much cuz the minuite I saw that it uses system memory I knew that its performance depended greatly on your system specs.
    Anyways aint gonna buy one, am planning to make one of ma friends overseas carry down the parts for my new system and am going big this time, am aiming at the grand 7800 GTX but its in december so maybe I may end up with a 7900 cuz I aintgonna build a new PC for like the next 2-3 years LOL.
    AM OUT!!!

jesus whats with u people emptying your pockets?

first thing if u gonna buy a 7800gtx make sure it has 512mb (the only good 1)

or just buy urself an x1800xt with 512 mb for $100us less that $100 can buy an extra gig of ram for some real performance

Quote Originally Posted by gangstanerd
    i will say this, ifu see it out here in a store, cut ur eyes and walk home, log onto TJ and request a card, u will get a better card for that price, or if u want u can get that same card for cheaper...
    u still sure about that ?
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9ja
    jesus whats with u people emptying your pockets?

first thing if u gonna buy a 7800gtx make sure it has 512mb (the only good 1)

or just buy urself an x1800xt with 512 mb for $100us less that $100 can buy an extra gig of ram for some real performance
    Well beside the point that I BUN ATI, I want real performance hardware and plus real features that ATI just doesnt sufficiently have but I the case that I really need the extra cash I may take your advice(Might) or just find the money elsewhere lol.
    I aint gonna build another PC for a few years after I build the next one so am going big so I can atleast be competitive in a few years(2-3).
    BTW the GTX defaultly is 512MB, its the GT that has 256MB.
    This PC should definately break the 100K mark cuz the Processor has to be atleast 3Ghz and 800FSB, 2-4GIGs corsair memory, 200GIG SATA HDD, I wont specify the Graphics card cuz it all depends on what up in december

Hey you know I say some one online with quite a Rig, they stated that they had 16GIGs of memory and I was like "WHOA". They were using DDR2 memory but thats gotta be a sick pocket change man, I know people who aint even got a hard drive that big lol.
    AM OUT!!!

BTW guy, does ATI even support basic features like "Digital Vibrance" and such, and even some recent ones like "Dynamic Range"? Gimme a list of usefull featutres that ATI cards has compared to Nvidia's so I can "TRY" to gain a little respect for ATI lol.
    AM OUT!!!