View Poll Results: Should the promoters of the Sting Stage Show stop staging it?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should the Sting Stage Show be abandoned?

Default Re:Should the Sting Stage Show be abandoned?

Xeno.... I love Accapella... I can't get any Albums in the stores here in montego bay.

Oh by the way Blackcryptoknight.....

1. I would try to treat the disease (root of the problem)... not the patient.

2. I would try to find the source of the problem and try to fix that, not quarrantine.

Quarrantine is the last resort, or a temporary measure till a solution is found. Note that it would be stated that is a temporary measure.

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=29;threadid=2691;start=15#msg25801 date=1073075476]

1. I would try to treat the disease (root of the problem)... not the patient.

2. I would try to find the source of the problem and try to fix that, not quarrantine.

Quarrantine is the last resort, or a temporary measure till a solution is found. Note that it would be stated that is a temporary measure.
    [/quote]

I understand your first point, though you can't treat a disease in isolation from the patient. You definitely have to treat the patient.I understand you to mean that you go after the root cause of the illness ie. killing the bacteria.

I also get your point about quarantine - keeping the patient away from others so the disease wont spread.

Here's what I was getting at with the scenario:

Let's look at the patient as being the island of Jamaica.
    The harmful bacteria causing the infection is the source of all the negative problems. The symtpoms are the negative problems in our society manifested in various ways - headaches (stresses, worries etc.), fever (crime, violence etc.), runny nose (negative words, actions, ideas).

When treating an illness, physicians have 2 approaches:
    - manage the symptoms ie. get relieve the headache pain, bring down the fever, stop the runny nose

- address the root cause of the problem ie. prescribe antibiotics to kill harmful bacteria which causes the infection.

Most times the two approaches are taken simultaneously.
    There are cases when the symptoms are so serious that they simply must be dealt with first before the root cause can be addressed. These are the cases in which the symptoms threaten to do serious harm to the patient in a short period of time (high fever) or the symptoms would spread the disease to others (runny nose, sneezin, coughing).

Now in those cases where addressing the root cause takes a long time, you definitely have to address the symptoms while the root cause is being addressed, or else the patient could die just from the immediate symptoms or spread it to others.

Relate that to Sting.

Sting 2003 was like symptoms of the runny nose (the negative publicity spread all over the world), it was like the headache and fever (people suffered pain in the violence that ensued). If you're gonna try to cure the country (the patient), then you will need to manage the symptoms (prevent further incidents similar to that at Sting as well as other negative manifestations) as well as addressing the root cause of the ailments.

Now here's the kicker...

A doctor can only treat a patient if he's able to properly diagnose the problems - the symptoms and root cause, and also if he knows what needs to be done to remedy the situation.

The question is, which doctor is capable of remedying Jamaica's ailments? Can politicians do it? Can the dons do it? Can all the Jamaican people do it?

<hint>
    That doctor must be imune to whatever it is that ails the patient
    </hint>

...and as the Grandmaster would say at this point: CHECKMATE! 8)

Nas, I'm afraid he's right. Actually I couldn't have said it better m'self.

Oh by the way Nas, I don't think you can get Acappella to buy in stores anymore. Most of their songs and albums are out of print, at least, the best ones are. You probably won't even find them online to download via some peer to peer service. However, tear not, as I have ripped all of my albums from 1983 come right back to 1996 to MP3 format. That's over 400 mb of MP3s.

You won't find these online (at least, not most of them anyway). I've got everything from Acappella (all of their best songs from their many albums), AVB (all 6 albums) and Keith Lancaster (both solo albums). You don't have to worry about legal issues. Many of these MP3s were formally downloadable for free from their website as the albums as I said before, are out of print.

Link me if you interested.

It's interesting that I've never heard of this Vybz Cartel fella before this flare up. Now that's a shameful thing. :

although the behaviour at sting by the top dancehall artistes was pretty bad, sting should be held the same way only, probably giving the artistes who displayed bad behaviour sus. or fine them.

and that's not me