Thread: Startup Requires PHP services

Default Startup Requires PHP services

Startup requires responsible PHP help - lots of work to do;

Need reliable, experienced developers who can function efficiently with professionalism in a team based atmoshpere.

Some knowledge of business would be an asset but Commitment to Excellence, Integrity and good Communications Skills are essential...

Default Re:Startup Requires PHP services

Do you have any other requirements such as:

1. Degree
    2. Certification
    3. Minimum years of development/PHP experience

Is this full time, part time, contract or outsourcing situation?

Degrees, Certs and Experience are all gr8 so kids mek sure you stay in school, but I despite my 'nubie 4 life handle' d have seen enuf to not be close-minded.

No Degree, No Cert, No XP don't provide a potential employee with ideal negotiating leverage, but successful application is to me, more important than formal education. I have been involved in negotiations with several potential employees where other things have been of more importance such as;

[list][*]ability to learn[*]resourcefulness[*]desire to succeed[*]self starter[*]team player

Depending on the environment the abovementioned may all be of more immediate importance than technical competence.

Having given you that nugget As a startup with lots of work to do the farther up the learning curve a candidate(s) is the better, however with the right individual(s) we may be interested in training.

Successful Business is about establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships

That said the tenure and arrangement would depend on the 'quality' of the respondents - our interests could range from 1 off low level work to getting in on the ground floor of a sucessful organisation with equity ;D and any variation in between.

P.S. For those of u interested the following is a decent article
    entitled '10 Traits IT Managers Look For In a Job Candidate'
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-633...tml?tag=search

Good article

Is this entity based in Jamaica? If so which parish?
    Is telecommuting an option?

Would it be out of place to mention salary? I really don't know the rule on this as I've seen it done in the past.

Based on this info you've given I could recommend a couple people but they'd want a little info as to what's expected of them and what they can expect.

[quote author=BlackCryptoKnight link=board=9;threadid=2680;start=0#msg25590
    Is this entity based in Jamaica? If so which parish?
    Is telecommuting an option?
    Entity is a subsidiary of Florida based company... physical offices are located in Kingston. If resource is responsible/enough of a 'self starter' then telecommuting is definitely a viable option.

I don't think asking about salary is out of place... ever... however, it is really difficult to say as we will try to offer compensation commensurate with xp... full-time, part-time, contract status, per hour, fixed cost etc. are all other elements which could change basis for payment.

I understand the need/desire to want to tell people more... but a lot depends on the quality of the candidate, hence I don't want to establish expectations on a broad brushed basis. If anyone wants to find out more... I will be happy to provide more info... if not so moved then I trust that this may not be the right opportunity/situation...

Is PHP the only skillset you are looking for?
    Would you want people with experience in other applications/languages such as VB, MSSQL, MySQL, Apache, IIS, Linux, Windows etc. ?

I am interested in your job opportunities. I have been programming for more than a decade now.

I have experience in:
    PHP Python C, etc
    GNU/Linux *BSD Win*
    PC Hardware (soldering CPUs and so on)

I have work experience as:
    an IT manager
    a web programmer
    a sys admin
    a technical writer
    a math teacher (in Jamaica's best math program)

I am well spoken (background in Forensics), and have excellent problem solving skills (degree in Engineering Physics[this probably removes all anonymity from me, oops .. ] )
    I am in my twenties, live in Kingston for now, and would be interested in a contractual/telecommuniting (I have a job) arrangement. I am in an IT management kinda job now and I just want to do some programming.
    Whats the next step ?