Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Can your computer run that game?

Which is better for gaming - XP, VISTA or WINDOWS 7
    790i FTW Digital PWM Mobo
    GTX 275 1792MB Beats 4890
    Aeneon 1866 (PC3-15000) 4GB
    Q9550 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by irwa View Post
    I would say Xp cuz up to date, some older gmes have a few compatibility issues with the newer OS's.

Yup, it would be XP alright, as that's still a pretty stable OS with the newest service pack out and more than likely developers will optimize their games for that OS since it's less complicated.

You can also check the readme that comes with the games to see supported OS's.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

www.yougamers.com
    This is a better website to test for your games as it based of performance and 3d vantage. (it the same people)
    I have the highest underclock in tech Ja! 1440.0
    DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Digicel is the bossss!!!! "
    TECNOLOGY IS THE BOSS!!! I am the boss!! Memba u r as cool as ur tecnology!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyDicks View Post
    I would say Xp cuz up to date, some older gmes have a few compatibility issues with the newer OS's.
    Why would yu use that xcuse to say XP iz better when yu kno that DirectX 11 ON Windows7 give better graphical details and the 3D acceleration that is embeded in Windows7 kernel, helps GPU alot with processing graphical info?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Default Gaming

Whats going on its........

Quote Originally Posted by Kadri View Post
    no difference between your link and the one in the first post...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

great link............
    Cyber Criminal

Windows 7 supposedly has "XP MODE" for running certain apps. This was a good move by MS, but I haven't tested it as yet.

If anyone remembers this old game called RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP which would run on Win 98 - let me know if you got it to run on XP.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Well, you can't go wrong with a dual boot so if you can do that do it.

Been using Windows 7 Professional(64 bit) since the ending of December last year and at first, I couldn't play any games on it as it came with Directx 11. But all I did was get the Directx 9 full package and no issues since.

If you got the hardware though, go Windows 7 as it's faster and manages stuff more efficiently.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow