Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Can your computer run that game?

this is not really a "can you play" site its more of a "lets buy the new" site.. nuff time them seh i caa run it an i play all pon high. is just a market stragedy
    CPU ATHLON II X4 635 3.4GHZ OC
    RAM 16GB DDR3 1600
    GFX ASUS HD 4870 1GB dark knight
    MOBO ASRock M3A785GXH/128M

i agree with Migz just away to make more money and for us to buy better a hardware i am using Ati raedeon xfx 5770 and i didnt really see the big difference between it and the 5830 the only difference is with eyefinity 5770 support only 3 monitor and 5830 support 6 great GPU i have no problem it run everything on highest settings the game have i wont be buying a next card for the next 2 to 3 years they are not going make me any more poor than i am no sir

Erm, the site ain't forcing anybody to buy anything and the tests aren't down to an exact science. Now if it said youcan't play x game and redirected you to a manufacturer or retailers website, I'd see your case. Every game it has said I can't run, I have, even on the meagrest of specs.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Every game it has said I can't run, I have, even on the meagrest of specs.
    Whats the point of the site then?
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

It's to give you a general idea. It's impossible to be accurate, the accuracy depending on many fluctuating factors in the individual setup.
    Even though I ran some games that it said I couldn't, I didn't really enjoy playing them.
    For example, it said my then laptop of 2006 couldn't run carbon, not with I don't even remember what kinda onboard ramdac was on it with 1.5gb sdram and a 1.5ghz pent m processor. Well it ran...slower than a slideshow.
    Another game, cod 4 a barely managed to play on 800x600p and even that resolution wasn't low enough though I did beat it.
    Most Wanted I managed to play before my pants caught on fire, as the processor fan was singing like the fat lady.
    The real purpose is to give you the minimum or recommended requirements of a particular game versus your current setup, if you think your system may not handle it.
    I have had no use for that site in over a year with my current systems.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Basically the Systems Requirements lab sight is just (as Shadow said above) to give a general idea of what you need to run the game.

I would say, when you pass the minimum requirements (especially for your video card) the game will run. Ofcourse it won't be giving the normal frames when playing it but at least you can play it lol.

The recommended specs they show is what makes it run at normal, but there is also optimum leve l which they don't even bother to show on the site lol, but at least it gives you an idea.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

my laptop running games that it shouldnt be running, especially at full resolution and settings. thought my laptopwas a dual core..but its quad core yep. intel hd 3000 and its playing everything i throw at it. pcsx ps2 emulator working now, playing final fantasy 10 at full hd resolution.

The intel HD3000 chip is one of intels better GPU chip and should be able to run games up to pixel shader 3.0 spec with good frames on normal settings.

The ps2 emulator is more CPU dependent than GPU and they optimized it for FF10 so you should have no problems running it on the laptop.

The Systems Requirement labs site has a facebook page so like it as they post some random games with stats of total viistors who can run it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow