Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Migrating from C++ To C

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr
    I wonder why that fellow said that
    I said that because any good software engineer today will not design a project using procedural programing techniques. If you are not using object oriented techniques with design patterns.... you are wrong.

And C does not support oop/ood and because of that it cannot fully support design patterns.

dont get me wrong I am not saying C programmers are not needed or that C is dead, but chances are most C jobs today are maintenance jobs...not development.(unless you work for a firm where everybody is 40 or above)
    easiparcel.com Shop online and ship to Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by CGPGroup
    chances are you are writing C++ and not C even though you think you are writing C. if you are using a C compiler made within the last 10 years... chances are it is a C++ compiler.

Ok CGPGroup, you are saying some real weird stuff that makes no sense.. Before I get into an argument is there anything documentation to backup your claims? Specifically on UNIX (FreeBSD) and gcc or cc (compiler for FreeBSD). Are you really familair about what your talking about? Sorry if this seems like a stab but I really have to ask.

lol the clash of the paradigms shows its face again.

chances are you are writing C++ and not C even though you think you are writing C. if you are using a C compiler made within the last 10 years... chances are it is a C++ compiler.
    I cant speak for other people but when I write C code I follow iso C99 standards
    as the compilers I use dont normally have c++ preprocessors... It helps for portability.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    Ok CGPGroup, you are saying some real weird stuff that makes no sense.. Before I get into an argument is there anything documentation to backup your claims? Specifically on UNIX (FreeBSD) and gcc or cc (compiler for FreeBSD). Are you really familair about what your talking about? Sorry if this seems like a stab but I really have to ask.
    I dont understand what made no sense? here is the site for GCC http://gcc.gnu.org/ GCC is a C++ compiler.

I dont understand what made no sense? please elaborate..

I dont understand what made no sense? here is the site for GCC http://gcc.gnu.org/ GCC is a C++ compiler.

I dont understand what made no sense? please elaborate..
    The part about me not writing C code and its actually C++. please explain! I dont want to read though the entire documenataion for gcc I use cc on FreeBSD, I want you to point me to what says I'm writing C++ code instead of C.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr
    lol the clash of the paradigms shows its face again.

I cant speak for other people but when I write C code I follow iso C99 standards
    as the compilers I use dont normally have c++ preprocessors... It helps for portability.
    well I strongly recomend you start using C++. using C is like driving your car in 2nd gear. its ok to drive in 3rd, 4th and 5th when needed.

wait a second before I mis-understand you. do you code in C++ also or just C all the time?

by the way the portability arguement is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    The part about me not writing C code and its actually C++. please explain! I dont want to read though the entire documenataion for gcc I use cc on FreeBSD, I want you to point me to what says I'm writing C++ code instead of C.
    do you ever use a class in your code? or use the STL?

do you ever use a class in your code? or use the STL?
    nope straight C with just functions and structures. I dont use stl I with my own data structures.

lol leo, just ignore this user.

He needs to take of his blinders and have a take a more in depth view of the
    world of computing. I know of a few companies in Jamaica that actively develop
    new applications in ansi C.