Thread: LOTR: FELLOWSHIP AND TWO TOWERS DVD EXTENDED IN JA STORES

Default LOTR: FELLOWSHIP AND TWO TOWERS DVD EXTENDED IN JA STORES

Yes fans I finally got my copy of the THE TWO TOWERS EXTENDED 4 DISC SET. : ;D ;D ;D .Check out MOBILE MUSIC in Ligueanea and WATTS NEW in Half Way Tree . DEM SELLING VERY FAST!! : : : : :

They also have the gift set with the little Gollum statue. : ;D

igodit Guest

Default Re:LOTR: FELLOWSHIP AND TWO TOWERS DVD EXTENDED IN JA STORES

Just bought my copies from Mobile Music.

...or if you're cheap nad don't mind VHS and that STARZ symbol you can tape it off cable.. it been running back to back for the past 2 days .. yes the extended version!

Or save up your 100+ USD and wait until next year about march and buy the somewat 12+ cd collection.
    Probably thats only me anyway...

Sorry to break your heart Skillz, but there won't be a 12-Disc DVD collection.

If you watched any of the Spec. Ed. dvds, you will realise that this is IT. After Return of the Kings Spec. Ed. is released in 2004, there won't be any more official LOTR DVD releases.

The bad habit of double-dipping (where they release a special edition dvd two times for the same movie) is costing studios too much money and is really annoying customers who bought the first releases. It was this bad habit that led to the creation of these special edition DVDs.

People who have bought them can rest assured that this will be the very best DVD collection that one can own - PERIOD. Like I said in a previous post, I sincerely doubt that the Matrix Trilogy DVD collection can top this - However, I somehow deep down hope that I'm wrong.

The next Ultimate DVD collections that I'm looking forward to owning is:

- The Matrix Trilogy (naturally)
    - The Alien Quadrilogy
    - Star Wars Hexology (Episodes 1 - 6) estimated for release in 2006.

However, I'm going to wait and see how Alien Vs. Predator performs (it is going to be released next year) before I decide on the Quadrilogy. Because then it might become a Quintology in 2005 instead of a Quadrilogy now. This is a perfect example of where double-dipping really annoys customers. You can be sure about Lord of The Rings, The Matrix and Star Wars, but not about the Alien Quad.

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=29;threadid=2638;start=0#msg25254 date=1072051206]
    Sorry to break your heart Skillz, but there won't be a 12-Disc DVD collection.

If you watched any of the Spec. Ed. dvds, you will realise that this is IT. After Return of the Kings Spec. Ed. is released in 2004, there won't be any more official LOTR DVD releases.

The bad habit of double-dipping (where they release a special edition dvd two times for the same movie) is costing studios too much money and is really annoying customers who bought the first releases. It was this bad habit that led to the creation of these special edition DVDs.

People who have bought them can rest assured that this will be the very best DVD collection that one can own - PERIOD. Like I said in a previous post, I sincerely doubt that the Matrix Trilogy DVD collection can top this - However, I somehow deep down hope that I'm wrong.

The next Ultimate DVD collections that I'm looking forward to owning is:

- The Matrix Trilogy (naturally)
    - The Alien Quadrilogy
    - Star Wars Hexology (Episodes 1 - 6) estimated for release in 2006.

However, I'm going to wait and see how Alien Vs. Predator performs (it is going to be released next year) before I decide on the Quadrilogy. Because then it might become a Quintology in 2005 instead of a Quadrilogy now. This is a perfect example of where double-dipping really annoys customers. You can be sure about Lord of The Rings, The Matrix and Star Wars, but not about the Alien Quad.
    [/quote]

Xeno, I have to brerak this gently. The Alien Quadrilogy is, ahem, not really that great. The first two movies in the series are the best, and then after that, ahmmm, they just started milking the name for everything it was worth.

I agree The Lord of the Rings will be the best to buy for the next 3-5 years. I hope they bring a one time everything-in-the-box set including all the the Director's Cut versions. I beleive the 3 & 1/2 hr versions on Starz much more Tolkein than the versions shown in the theaters. (I wish Jackson had included more of the verse and elvish writing included in the books than he did, but that would have made three four hour movies!)

Star Wars lost me completely with the introduction of Jar-Jar. Sorry, that's one set I'm not ever going to buy.

I want a 12 dvd collection it wouldve been really cool to have. But oh well, i guess i have to stick with buying all 3 of the dvd sets wen nex i fly out, i still haffi save up the bills though cuz it goin be just that expensive.
    oh well.

Thanks for convincing me out of buying the Alien Quad Ramesh. I've finally come to my senses (what was I thinking?!?!)You're absolutely right. After Part 2, the rest were just trash. The cloning bit in part 4 was a little too rehashed. And you know what's funny? Alien 3's script was taken over that of Alien Vs. Predator. I really hope AVP revitalises the genre. Because It is really sucking right now.

I do admit that Lucas is getting very soft with the introduction of Jar Jar. He's loosing it. Badly. The script in Episode II sucked. I mean seriously, if we all could pickup girls like Anakin did in Episode II, it would give a new definition to the word "easy". The only thing that remotely saved it was the battle sequence in the end.

I'm only looking forward to Episode III because it should have a LOT of light sabre battles. It should prove to be a lot darker than the first two movies and it should be directed to a much more mature audience (Lucas admits that Episode I was directed more at a younger audience). I'm actually hoping Jar Jar is decapitated somehow.... that would ROCK!

But the ultimate DVD to get next year is definitely ROTK. Can you believe it? The movie raked in 73 million in ONE WEEKEND! I hope the trend continues and dethrones Titanic. It really annoys me everytime I look at gross earnings to see Titanic at the top. >

igodit Guest

Weaver is sexy! I liked the last Alien movie.

how much was the cost for the special edition lotr the two towers at both places?