Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blogging, is it all that its made up to be?

Default blogging, is it all that its made up to be?

ok in a bout of idleness this past week I created my own blog. But even still how many people visit blogs? do you check them regularly? are they of help to you? I have seen some very good blogs, but then they are setup like a freebie site as in they realized hey free hosting! some are hardly a personal log of anything etc.

yeh so what are your opinions?

btw my blog is: differentalternative.blogspot.com
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

who wants to know what a common folk is doing... Noone
    A Bill Gates blog or a Paris Hilton blog.... why not, but overall blogs, not my thing

but hwo do you know that person isnt the next bill gates or paris hilton. or the people that are out there lookin for people who think like them? blogs about common interests, i found one about tre0 650 trix the other day and i was quite impressed etc.
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

I find some blogs to be of use, like the technical ones where someone explained their experiences of setting up linux or bsd box for specfic purposes.

blogs can be a good source of 'independent' opinion about a particular topic.
    plus, from a knowledge standpoint, they can be useful ... on a daily basis i check out the blogs of certain experts in my industry .. never can tell what you'll pick up before it hits the mainstream news

I was bored yesterday so I created a blog too.. more than likely nothing
    meaning will be posted in it but hey, I like the concept

i've been bloggin since as far asi can remember. used toblog localy with serendipidy a php + mysql blogger that i ran on my laptop. after that i ported it to the web started with msn space did alot of stuff then realized space was crap and moved to blogger and i've been happily blogging since.

blogs rule man. here's mine

bloggin is kool esp wen ur VERY BORED allows u to express urself also
    Becoming aware of my character defects leads me to the next step -- blaming my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    who wants to know what a common folk is doing... Noone
    Wrong. There are MANY blogs written by ordinary people that are very, very popular. One such example of an EXTREMELY popular personal blog is www.dooce.com and that's just one, there are quite a few others. You'd be surprised how many people will sit and read excerpts from the lives of people they know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    i've been bloggin since as far asi can remember. used toblog localy with serendipidy a php + mysql blogger that i ran on my laptop. after that i ported it to the web started with msn space did alot of stuff then realized space was crap and moved to blogger and i've been happily blogging since.

blogs rule man. here's mine
    Ive been blogging for a while too, but so far Ive kept it private. Its just a personal diary I use to get my thoughts out (really helps when you need to clear your head). Maybe one of these days I may distribute the link.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 26, 2006 at 05:46 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

survey identifying who reads blogs - http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3601636
    obviously not from a j'can perspective .. but