Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR - The Return Of The King

Default Re:LOTR - The Return Of The King

John Woo? I think not. John Woo wouldn't have taken the script anyway. Hobbits don't use guns, and if the lead character is not going to star the movie with 9mm in either hand, Woo won't take the script. It's not his cup of tea.

Contrary to your belief, Rodriguez does have some sense as to what would make a movie delightfully appealing. However, I seriously doubt he'd have taken the script anyway. Ramesh, Rodriguez did Spy Kids and the El Mariachi movies (Desperado, Once upon a time In Mexico).

Speaking of Rodriguez, I hope you fellas don't even mention Quentin Torrentino - Just forget about it. Heck no.

STARR, next time put up some SPOILER ALERTS guys

[quote author=igodit link=board=29;threadid=2634;start=15#msg25582 date=1072713432]
    I saw LOTR at Island Cinema at 11:00pm (Dec. 26)

--Intermission was 30mins there.
    [/quote]

I thought so.

HEY..... HEY!!! I thought this thread was for those who WATCHED THE MOVIE ALREADY?! :-X
    I mean from the subject and all yuh done know seh people gonna be giving away spoilers...comon man ;D

Well, sorry for the excitement and all yow... what should we do now? I still got more comments one the flick :

Not really spoilers to me - remember I read the three books approx 25 years ago, so I know how it ends.

Interesting how this story endures the test of time. First time I heard of it was in Time magazine somewhere in the 70's. There was this article about Hobbits living underground and having adventures of some sort. That would have been after Disney's effort at The Hobbit. Some time later, Mad Magzine had an excellent spoof of The Lord of The Rings. In that story Gandalf explained that Sauron would return as an evil force named Darth Vader! That spoof encouraged me to borrow the books from The Saint James Library. I've never been sorry for doing so.

[quote author=Ramesh link=board=29;threadid=2634;start=15#msg25651 date=1072797650]
    Not really spoilers to me - remember I read the three books approx 25 years ago, so I know how it ends.

Interesting how this story endures the test of time. First time I heard of it was in Time magazine somewhere in the 70's. There was this article about Hobbits living underground and having adventures of some sort. That would have been after Disney's effort at The Hobbit. Some time later, Mad Magzine had an excellent spoof of The Lord of The Rings. In that story Gandalf explained that Sauron would return as an evil force named Darth Vader! That spoof encouraged me to borrow the books from The Saint James Library. I've never
    been sorry for doing so.
    [/quote]

Ok... do you have th books right now? How about a loan (I want say sale seeing that I wouldn't do that if they were in my possesion)

[quote author=MatrOnyx link=board=29;threadid=2634;start=15#msg25653 date=1072798815]
    Ok... do you have th books right now? How about a loan (I want say sale seeing that I wouldn't do that if they were in my possesion)
    [/quote]

No man, I don't have the books anymore. Twenty five years of overdue Library books would make me bankrupt if I were found out! Take a look at your local Library if you want to borrow it if they have the old editions anymore. Otherwise, I'm sure they would have replaced them in the past few years with the new interest in the tale.

'The Lord of the Rings' reigns

LOS ANGELES -- "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" continued to reign at the box office, pulling in $51.2 million in ticket sales for a total of $224 million since opening two weeks ago.

The film had previously set a five-day record for a movie opening on a Wednesday by beating the $105.6 million earned by "Stars Wars: Episode I--The Phantom Menace."

(Spider-Man still holds the overall box-office record, with $114.8 million in its first three days, but that film opened on a Friday in May 2002. )

According to New Line, the studio estimates the film will capture $470 million by next Sunday.

If those estimates stay on track, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" could become the second movie to gross $1 billion globally. James Cameron's "Titanic" (1997) is the only other film to accomplish that box office feat.

No need to Apologize 'tronyx et al. It's not a big deal ;D When the official date circles, we'll de-materialise it here. We just want to give everybody a chance to see it and rave like we are doing.

'tronyx - I got the Books in digital format if you're interested. It's a nice 14 mb PDF. Run a CD-RW and I'll fill it with eBooks of every sort - i.e. if you don't mind reading something in digital format.

In addition to what you've added Ramesh, I am really hoping the film gets best picture. It is one of the sure contenders for the award. It is well deserving of it. Don't you fellas agree?

The movies have also literally launched the film careers of Dominic Monaghan (Merry) and Billy Boyd (Pippin) and added further momentum to that of Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), Sean Astin (Samwise), Miranda Otto (Eowyn), Orlando Bloom (Legolas) and has slingshot the great Hugo Weaving (Elrond) into official SuperStardom, after his successful debut in the Matrix Trilogy.

Damn, Hugo Weaving has appeared in three great movies in ONE year. In fact, he has been seen pretty damn frequently since for the last 5 years!!

1999 - The Matrix
    2001 - LOTR: FOTR
    2002 - LOTR: TTT
    2003 - The Matrix: Reloaded
    2003 - The Matrix: Revolutions
    2003 - LOTR: ROTK

Damn... the dude is on FIRE!!!

Of the stars in LOTR, only Ian McKellen has been seen in more than one film this year:

1 - X2: X-Men United (not a bad picture at all)
    2 - LOTR: ROTK

Guys like Christopher Lee (Saruman), Andy Serkis (Gollum - Voice), Elijah Wood (Frodo), Ian McKellen (Gandalf) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) were already well known and are now on über-demand from film studios all over.

How many of you recognized Christopher Lee in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones last year as Count Dooku?

Did you guys know that Stuart Townsend who played Dorian Gray in the recent sci-fi flick League of Extraordinary Gentlemen passed up the role for Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies to play the villain in LXG? I bet he regrets doing that now...

Xeno, you missed out Liv Tyler, who was in
    • One Night at McCool's
    • Onegin
    • Inventing the Abbotts
    • That Thing You Do!
    • Stealing Beauty
    • Empire Records

and my personal favourite...
    • Heavy