Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR - The Return Of The King

Default Re:LOTR - The Return Of The King

B'cuz in Mobay the late show is 9 pm and they don't want people to think that it's an official release, since they can only show it once, at that particular time. The official reel isn't in yet. What they're currently showing is a screener copy of the reel, not the official one.

Furthermore, they have to abide by the release date set on the contract they signed when they purchased the movie from New Line Cinema's Central American distributor. If they release the film before the official release date for the Caribbean, they could face legal problems.

I knew there was some logical yet insane reason (are they mutually exclusive? :-) ) for having it so late at night. Best I wait a couple of years for the ULTIMATE DVD BOX SET, or at least hope for it!

Ramesh

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D well got up friday morning at about six left out at about 8 had to do some work at home arrived at island cinema at 8:30 waited in line for 1/2hr finally got the ticket watch the movie and got a muscle cramp when trying to get up so i could be apart of the standing ovation. in simple words i am going to watch it again when it is officially released this is the greatest movie of all times.
    best line to me is(( my friends you bow to no man))
    brought tears to my eyes

Well.... I knew that the final installment of this epic movie was going to be great...but nothing prepared me for the feeling of "awe" when Legolas dispatched that Olephant as though it didn't exist :

Movie tuff 5/5 .... uhhh.. 10/10 even !!! 8)
    Gollum a dads yow.. nobody nuhh "sneaking" like him ;D
    At one point my swear seh Sam woulda murda the "little maggot".

Multiplex is planning on showing the movie at 5:30pm and 9:30pm on Wednesday. Make sure to get a second look at this flick... it's worth it 8)

igodit Guest

I saw LOTR at Island Cinema at 11:00pm (Dec. 26)

--Intermission was 30mins there.

[quote author=MatrOnyx link=board=29;threadid=2634;start=0#msg25578 date=1072712748]
    but nothing prepared me for the feeling of "awe" when Legolas dispatched that Olephant as though it didn't exist :

Movie tuff 5/5 .... uhhh.. 10/10 even !!! 8)
    Gollum a dads yow.. nobody nuhh "sneaking" like him ;D
    At one point my swear seh Sam woulda murda the "little maggot".
    [/quote]
    matro mi neva want fi gi weh nuttin but fi real a scene deh wid legolas cause the audience in the theatre fi buss shot with them mouth and fingers of course ;D di man and gimli still in a competition fi si who kill the most people. xeno you might not remember when u posted something about the hobbit sam you were right sam a di real big man memba mi tell unuh dat.somebody should right a story bout sam yah now if them nuh do it already .

Gentlemen,

I am overwhelmed that you enjoyed the movie as I had accurately predicted. However, as a courtesy to others who may have not yet seen the film, kindly curtail any details of the movie's plot points until after it has opened officially, so as to engender the highest possible level of enjoyment for those who have yet to partake of the experience as you have.

Zeen sah?

For those of you who are interested to know, New Line Cinema has official plans to do a movie on the first book, 'The Hobbit' which actually introduces us to Bilbo Baggins while he was yet a boy (ok, around Frodo's age, about 33 years - Hobbits are blessed with relatively long life). The movie has yet to be completed in terms of scripting. However, before taking on this project, Peter Jackson wants to work on a reincarnation of the 1933 classic science fiction picture: King Kong. If New Line Cinema goes ahead with the making of 'Hobbit', it is likely that Peter Jackson may not direct - even though he has expressed interest in doing the picture.

If Peter Jackson doesn't direct 'Hobbit', I think I would trust this project to one of these blokes:
    • Stephen Spielburg (duh!), but Spielburg doesn't work for New Line. He works for Warner Brothers. So he's out...
    • George Lucas - Same story (20th Century Fox), but he's more of a freelance director. Furthermore, he's going to be working on Star Wars for the next 8 years...so he's out too...
    • Tim Burton - Excellent director, perfectly fit for the job. I'd trust Tim with the making of any kind of fantasy picture like this with excellent results.
    • Chris Columbus - His work with the Harry Potter movies is indicative of his hand for this sort of thing.
    • Robert Rodriguez - The man has a flare for creativity that even made Ebert look up and take notice. Rodriguez came out of nowhere and took Hollywood by storm with his ingenius creative talent. I think he'd do 'The Hobbit' like justice.

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=29;threadid=2634;start=15#msg25601 date=1072726275]

If Peter Jackson doesn't direct 'Hobbit', I think I would trust this project to one of these blokes:
    • Stephen Spielburg (duh!), but Spielburg doesn't work for New Line. He works for Warner Brothers. So he's out...
    • George Lucas - Same story (20th Century Fox), but he's more of a freelance director. Furthermore, he's going to be working on Star Wars for the next 8 years...so he's out too...
    • Tim Burton - Excellent director, perfectly fit for the job. I'd trust Tim with the making of any kind of fantasy picture like this with excellent results.
    • Chris Columbus - His work with the Harry Potter movies is indicative of his hand for this sort of thing.
    • Robert Rodriguez - The man has a flare for creativity that even made Ebert look up and take notice. Rodriguez came out of nowhere and took Hollywood by storm with his ingenius creative talent. I think he'd do 'The Hobbit' like justice.

[/quote]

Xeno, excellent list (except I've not heard of Robert Rodriguez). Would you consider John Woo in your list as an excellent director able to take on this task?

i dont think Robert Rodriguez would do a good job on the hobbit dont like spy kids and once upon a time in mexico wasn't very good