Thread: Top 100 Grossing movies

Default Top 100 Grossing movies

All Time Grossing Films

You will be suprised, I know I was. Imagine the fact that Home Alone 2 made more cash than the Matrix. Also that The first 2 LOTR movies are way above the first 2 Matrix movies. I also thought MIB 2 was a huge failure. Not according to how much money it made. Will Smith must have laughed his way to the bank.

Default Re:Top 100 Grossing movies

Finding Nemo and Lord of the Rings 2 will climb that ladder, as they are relatively new movies.

Mitch, that's just a domestic gross. That means you're only looking at figures for the American market. You want to see figures for the entire planet. To see that, head over to www.IMDB.com, and click on their Top Movies link or you can just just click here.

The disparity between the figures says a lot about the American market (and American Marketing). They are a very VERY fickle people. Speaking of which, has anyone here (aside from the girls) watched Titanic from start to finish? To this day, I have absolutely no idea how people can sit down and watch a 3-hour long episode of Young and the Restless with a sinking ship. No logic on earth can decipher that one....

???

That movie was only successful because Di Caprio was in it. And at the time, the Nick Carter (a la Backstreet Boys) hairdo was pretty popular. So let's do the math:

Di Caprio + Nick Carter Hairdo + Tragic Love Story = MegaBlockbuster [qed]

I am with u on the titanic thing. I have yet to watch that movie.

On another note, Tickets at carib finished before I could get my hands on 2 for LOTR. This was about after 3 in the evening on Saturday. Now I will have to wait until if release next week or the next.