Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast internet connection in Greenwood st. James

Default Fast internet connection in Greenwood st. James

Is thera any hope that something other than dialup will be available in this area? I am tired of waiting on CW. They have been promising that DSL will be available in the area in two week for close to 2 years now. They p... me off.

Being that you are so far from town I think you'll have to wait a while longer.

Update: FLOW should be passing you end in the coming months. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Ropy; Apr 24, 2006 at 11:04 AM.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Im not sure which cable company is in greenwood ie unique vision or omni u can check it out i heard that htey have cable internet. And whatever u do if u dont want to be in a contract for a year dont hook up with C&W because I think they are in ur area now as they are at barret town from february.

I have DSL close to two years now if not more.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

sorry to hear that it took u so long to get adsl, i'm also in the lili putt area,i applied for adsl in september and get it in the same month.But i have friends who is waiting for the service up to eight months, c&w is saying that they have limited ports in the rose hall area ,they install 24 ports lasr week but they r all finish now.

Tell me something has anyone cable internet in Lilliputt from the cable company Unique Vision. If yes is it faster than the dsl 256 connection

well... i live a few houses from the cable office.. i'm going to see if there net service is up... the last time i ask they were still testing it out... and if u live in green wood ports there for cnw..... i just got my adsl and it went down for two days.. just come back this morning any way i will get some info on the cable net...

Quote Originally Posted by jamby
    Tell me something has anyone cable internet in Lilliputt from the cable company Unique Vision. If yes is it faster than the dsl 256 connection

it has to be faster cable not dsl.... i'll get info on the speed..

Quote Originally Posted by playboyjeff
    well... i live a few houses from the cable office.. i'm going to see if there net service is up... the last time i ask they were still testing it out... and if u live in green wood ports there for cnw..... i just got my adsl and it went down for two days.. just come back this morning any way i will get some info on the cable net...

it has to be faster cable not dsl.... i'll get info on the speed..
    I have been in contact with C&W on a weekly basis for about a year. Sometimes when I call I am told it is available and I would be contacted in a few days. When I call back I am told it is not available. I am just tired of dialup and equally tired of C&W's runaround. Their customer Service is so poor I certenly wish I did not have to deal with them. BUT I NEED SPEED. Unique Vision is slow in coming but I now hope some one gets to Green befors C&W but if they come there first I will use them.. If I could see the end to dialup I will sign their contract.

But I've heard that the cable company has Internet there. I think u should not go into a contract with CW. Check the cable company again. I heard that have internet up that way.

Cable company not yet in Greenwood but hope to get there soon. On the issue of internet, they said they are working on getting a provider. It seems they are not yet providing the service but are hopeful they will have it in place one day...(Thats Unique Vision)
    Well after waiting for almost 2 years, I am not hopeful anyone will get thart. IT seem C&W's roll-out has come to a stand still...I guess it time to roll-out the new credit land line....